Chapter 24

Seth POV:

I pace back and forth, not knowing what to do; my mind wonders how shit the day is. It's not what I deserve for being an omega. It's wrong. Whatever is happening outside is unacceptable. Owning my rights based on the tournament is horrible. I'm not a thing to someone own for; I'm a human. Why doesn't anyone see that?

I abhor it. I want to scream out loud to express my frustrations, but it's no use. It's my fate. A fate that was beginning to play in my life when I was fourteen. It was the worst nightmare I could never wake up. My world turned upside down since that night, the night my scent changed so drastically, the night my life collapsed... Everything wasn't the same anymore.

"Seth..?" My dad looked at me with wide eyes.

"Hmm? What's it, dad? You look funny. Is everything okay?" I was, of course, oblivious at the time.

"You.. you smell different... you smell like.." He didn't continue.

finished up the dishes and dried my hand before going back to him. "I smell like what, dad? I haven't taken a shower yet... Do I smell bad?" I looked at him. I didn't want to displease my alpha dad with the smell of my sweaty clothes.

"Son. You smell sweet. Do you feel anything weird lately?" He took a step forward. He needed to breathe in my scent to make sure.

"I uh... I was all sweaty this morning, and my stomach hurt a bit. But I'm okay now. What's wrong, dad?" I stepped closer to him and held his forearm.

He looked shocked and petrified. "Sweetheart.. you're an omega." That was it.

When I heard those words leave his lips, my entire world just got blown up. It felt like a kick to the guts, literally. He gave some of my mom's suppressants before informing her on the phone about what was going on. They had a vast conversation on the phone that night about me and my future...

I blink my eyes and storm my foot on the floor when reality hits me. Truth be told, I haven't skipped my medication since that day. But today... Just ignoring it. That's meaning... I have never experienced my first heat. It's dangerous for my health, but I don't give a damn. I want my life back.

I'm going to turn 25 in a couple of months. I have the right to move out and go on with life. I want to get back the years of wasted youth and seek to reclaim the lost time. If my health is the cost of having freedom, then so be it. I want to run off and live somewhere far away. I want to have the life of a typical person. Why don't I present as a beta or an alpha instead? Life will be so much easier. Being an omega just robbed me of my junior years and probably my life, too.

"Too late for that, I guess," I think pathetically.

I sigh at the memories of my lonely past. I make a sound and jump off my chest, padding to the door, which is open, because of course it is, and my securities stand right there. I can understand what it means. The winner of the tournament has been selected!

Never in my wildest dreams have I ever expected my day to turn out the way it does. Never can I've ever predicted them to show up at my door to guide the path of the uninvited life. While stepping out of the room, I play back and forth the scenarios that the night will hold for me.

Dean POV:

Time seems to rush forward as I wait for Sethie in the ring. It's all a rush. And if anyone asks me after what has happened, I will tell them that I don't know. The only thing that I remember is my omega, Sethie. Yeah, it's him only. My eyes plaster on the entrance and wait for him since the man has there, disappeared backstage. I don't know what to take the securities to bring him here slow.

A few minutes later, he appears on the ramp with his parents and J&J securities. His eyes go wide as it glues to me. He doesn't expect this moment to happen. He stuns shocked, so his parents drag him to the ring and make him stand in front of me. His body shivers under my sight, so he swallows hard helplessly.

I open my mouth to say something, but the scent is what hits me before I do. It's soft like vanilla. Vince would purposely tell him not to wear his scent blockers so his alpha could have a whiff of him. The old man wanted Sethie's mate to be drawn to him.

I swallow and try to gather my senses. I'm almost overwhelmed by Sethie. I step forward and look at him. "My omega!" I'm not surprised; I'm just stating a fact. My brain isn't working, so I say what comes to mind.

My hand reaches out and brushes to take care of his hair while I let my thoughts wander and dream a bit about taking him home, sharing a bed, and laughing when we're waking up in the morning and finding hickeys on our bodies. Despite seeing it so often, it still blows me away that I'm free to look and touch as much as I want. He's mine to love, and now everybody knows it!

Now I have him all for myself. I lift his face and see the fear in his eyes, but I can't help to touch him. I lose my control, so I pull him in my arms and nuzzle my head up into his neck, trying to calm my adrenaline-surged nerves. I shake my head and try to clear the dirty thoughts. Every cell in my body is screaming at me that he's my mate, and I need to protect him from other alphas in the building. It is powerful and completely invades my senses.

I pull away from him and stare into his eyes while slipping my hand in my pants pocket and taking a black velvet box. It'd a beautiful diamond ring that I bought for him since he caught in my eyes. Smiling wildly, I take his hand and move to put on the ring, but he curls his fingers tightly.

 Smiling wildly, I take his hand and move to put on the ring, but he curls his fingers tightly

The smile on my face fades away when I can understand how much he doesn't want to be mated. Wait! Suddenly, another thought crosses my mind and makes me consider it. Whether he doesn't want to be mated, or he doesn't like to mate with me!

Shaking my head, a smile growing on my lips as I uncurl his fingers and slide the ring home. After it is in place, I reach out and pull him to me, clasping his hand in my own. I bring our clasped hands to my lips and press a kiss on it, feeling grateful for everything. "I'm gonna kiss you," I whisper in his ear before nibbling on it and sending shivers down his spine.

He shudders and tries to move away, but I put my hand on his waist and pull him closer to me. His heart is hammering in his chest, and I can feel it. Ignoring everything, I try to kiss him in front of the crowd to make them realize whom he belongs to. But before I do, Hunter puts his hand on my shoulder and stops me, whispering that the show is over. Maybe the show wanna end, but my life doesn't, and it's gonna start now!