Chapter 1

Dean POV:

Roman is busy talking to Sasha outside of our locker room while I remove the tape from my wrists. He and his omega always start a meeting after each of their matches, and I've used to it. There's nothing serious to describe it. Even if it has, I'm not in the mood to stick my nose in other's business, especially in this condition.

I feel sticky and gross, the cold sweat on my body making me shiver. I escape into the shower in the back of our changing room, leaning my forehead against the cool tiles as the water washes over me. I close my eyes and clench my fist, hitting the wall frustratedly.

Monday Night Raw went down pretty well for everybody except for him and me. I guessed it was best if I hadn't been left alone. Anyway, whatever has arisen, it's all happened apart from my strength because I work under this goddamn shit company.

I take a deep breath and reach for the shampoo, pouring it into my hand and starting to work it into my hair before I recognize the scent. It's Roman's, the mildly scented mineral stuff he likes, and I blink away at the thought and continue doing my own thing.

When I return to the locker room, I wrap in a towel and notice that he's sprawling on the couch, thinking about something quietly. I roll my eyes and turn my back on him to pull on a pair of clean boxers and my favorite jeans, then sit down on the couch and dry my hair. "What?"

He sits up and wraps his arm around my shoulders, squeezing them gently. "Dude, did you hear the news?" He asks, trying to bring some worthless shit into serious. Hmm.. what if he brings about the topic of some title opportunity for the WWE Championship?

"Uh, what news?" I urge without having any interest in it. Ruffling my hair wildly, I get up from the couch and look for my t-shirt to slip it over my head. I then rise to pack up my clothes and zip the duffel bag before sliding it over my shoulder. "Make it fast, or I'll go." I want to leave the arena as soon as possible because I'm awfully exhausted to chat about the championship match now. I need a peaceful sleep to provide rest to my body until tomorrow noon.

"Sasha has told me that Triple H wants to raise money for the charity this year, so the WWE is having two nights Masquerade party!" He grins excitedly. It doesn't suit the big dog who's spearing everyone in the ring mercilessly.

"What's the smile for?" I ask with a shrug, unconcerned.

His mouth opens and closes for a moment until a solemn expression settles upon his face. "Hey, come on. Don't tell it's not sound like fun." He gets up from the couch and walks over to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Uh, nope!" I sound uninterested and remove his arm from my shoulders, shoving him away. It isn't something that I enjoy doing, and quite frankly, it is a waste of time. I don't want to deal with any of this shit now. Why do I want to thrash my mind with stupid things?

Shaking my head to clear the tension away, I check everything one last time and make sure that I forget nothing. Waving a hand at him, I nod and make my way to the door but stop when I hear him saying. "What? Hey, it'll be fun! Food, drinks, costumes, and.." He tries to explain, but I don't care to listen.

I curl my fingers into the knob tightly and try to digest his words before daring to glance at him. "Costumes?! Seriously, man?" I'm not really sure what to say, though. I shake my head unbelievably and give him a nasty look.

"Well, it's a Masquerade party! We must need costumes with masks." He tries to cheer me up, but I don't want to have any of that.

"Now, I'm certainly not interested!" I say, opening the door and leaving the locker room. I meander down the hall slowly, not actually giving a shit if I make it to the right way. I pass Finn in the hallway, giving him a brief nod before exiting the arena.

It's around 12.30 am, by the time I actually pull up to the hotel. My eyes groggily trace to the sign that promises a warm bed, Wi-Fi, and hot food. Without minding anything, I park and let out a loud growl, palming my face. Time like this, I would feel breathless.

The night is slightly chilly out, leaving goosebumps up and down my arms as the wind whips my curly hair back and forth in annoyance. I shuffle out of the car and groan as I really take the time to bend and crack my back.

Stumbling slightly in exhaustion, I slip the bag over my shoulder and step ahead into the hotel. Once I find my room, I drop the bag at the door and walk over to the bed, falling on it face first and drifting into sleep.

An hour later, I roll over in bed irritatedly, and my arm hits the things on the bedside table when some noise disturbs me in slumber. The noise persists, burrowing deeper until it is hurting my eardrum. "Fuck," I breathe in annoyance, pulling the pillow and burying my head underneath it, hoping to drown out the noise.

However, nothing I've done leaves the buzzing that it's going off, obviously from my phone. I knew who it would be now. The phone continues its aggravating buzzing, only stopping for about 30 seconds before it's buzzing again.

"Fuck," I groan, not really sure if I'm cursing at my fate or phone. I continue hiding underneath my pillow until I feel it's enough. I cuss as I throw the cushion to the floor, unfurling myself from the covers as I bump into the nightstand with a loud bang.

"Shit!" I curse under my breath. Blinding reaches in the dark as the buzzing continues. Growling, I stumble to my backpack, the bag shaking with each buzzing. I unzip the pockets until my hand is connecting with the phone's bright blue screen, cheerfully informing me that I have a call and it's fucking 1.30 am.

"Goddamn it." I curse again and glance at the phone in annoyance, figuring that's the call from Roman. Anger is boiling inside of my stomach, the jitters getting the better of me at having been unceremoniously woken up and forced to check a phone late at night.

Trying to calm my nerves, I thank my lucky stars that the phone isn't facing the wall again as I turn it off and roughly shove it back in the bed. Now no one will disturb me from my sleep again. Even if anyone tries to provoke me again, I'm sure they will meet the hell.