A Sweet Picnic

A week has passed since the eventful dinner, Ted has been coming here often then ever and confidently broadcasting his love in front of the pack and even Alpha Chris everyday if not every second.

But none was acting or showing fake love. It was true love that had overcome a storm.

"Their in love." I heard once when I passed the two lovebirds chasing around like kids.

"Is Alpha Kyle doing okay?" This questions was only spoken once before Kyle shut them up with persuading Ted to join the pack.

However, he declined saying he would likely not stay here after graduation and would bring Violet along with him.

"I'll follow you to the end of the universe for eternity." She whispered in his ears while his hands wrapped around her like his life depends on her warmth. I am truly impressed and in awed at how Ted accepted her with her flaws while Violet was already head over heels for Ted. 

Kyle on the other hand would visit me more than usual and would join us for lunch, and if possible, dinner as well. He never stopped giving me attention and use his authority to sit beside me on the dining table. 

I wouldn't lie that everyone was flabbergasted at the sudden show of affection and couldn't help staring at our every movement especially when he would put food on my plate or give me his portion when he knows I like them.

Obviously, he was used to the staring and kept acting sweet in front of everybody but for me it was nerve-racking. I couldn't help but heat up under their stares.

"Do you want to go for a walk later?" He asked when I've just sat down with him beside me. I eyed everyone and for sure, everyone was pretending to take not notice but their ears were as wide as an elephant.

"I need a break for being an Alpha. Maybe we can have a small picnic and take a swim, if you up to it but a walk around the pack would be nice too." He explained and as usual, he gave me my portion before filling his plate.

"S-Sure." I tried to be unfazed by the attention but my voice came out smaller than I wanted. Sensing my uneasiness at the new surrounding even though it had been a week, Kyle took my hand from my lap and gave it a squeeze. 

The sparks flew wild and my heart was no longer beating furiously from the eyes and ears but from the power my mate had on me.

"I'll have May make something." I quickly stopped him.

"We can take the desserts and wrapped a few sandwiches." I prefer to pack our own food for the rare picnic since it feels more meaningful and special - and maybe intimate. Like our own story.

"If you say so. I'll help." He gave another squeezed before taking a bit of our lunch. We were still holding hands under the table and that made my heart leaped at his action. It truly felt like we were in one of the romance book Maya would read every time.

In the preparation of our small rendezvous (that's not much of a secret), we had to stuff everything in my backpack since we couldn't find a picnic basket. Kyle told me to change to a swimsuit since we might get wet while he cleaned the kitchen that turned into a war field of cream and jam.

I ignored the pleading bikinis I've gotten from Kayla. I could still hear her blabbering about seducing Kyle. Her voice disappear with disappointment when I took a one-piece. It wasn't that wearing a two piece which shine my curve in front of my mate was uncomfortable but my heart wasn't feeling it. 

My preferences on a perfect picnic is accompanying each other physically and in our hearts while absorbing each other's presence. We would talk and laugh or even cry a little when we speak whats been creeping in our mind without any release. 

I wore the polyester fabric under my short and plain shirt with my hair pulled up into a ponytail.

As I went outside, the sun instantly warmed the back of my neck and it made swimming even more appealing.

"Wear this. It's getting hotter day by day and I don't want you to faint from the heat." Kyle put on his cap onto me swiftly.

"Thanks." I smiled at his caring behavior.

"What about you?" I've noticed his head was bare to the scorching sun.

"I'm the Alpha. I can handle the heat." He confidently winked.

"But as my Luna, I'm going to spoil you rotten especially since now, we can do this." He grabbed hold of my hand and gave it a nice long kiss without breaking eye contact.

"Don't be too disappointed that I didn't kiss you. I want to do more than this but there's kids watching." He bobbed his head towards a group of kids watching and giggling at us. I blushed furiously at his words as my body burned with desire but I subtly try to hide my dirty thoughts of him on top of me while our body dance to a beautiful rhythm.

"Elly!" His voice came out hoarse and more intimidating with his eyes rushed in lust.

"Catch me if you can!" I ignored his desiring stares and changed our conversation to something more appropriate for the little pups. However, it was a bad idea - a stupid idea for asking a craving wolf to chase you especially when he's stronger and faster than you are.

But still he was controlling his speed and let me take the lead to the lake. A lake where more things happened here for the past few days.

"The last one to jump in is a rotten egg." I yelled as I quickly undressed myself. Kyle was already beside me and had put the bag filled with our food down very carefully, as carefully as he can be while trying to not be a rotten egg.

Before I could jump in, a hand snaked my waist and pulled me back by force. I shrieked in surprise while my body hit something hard like an Alpha's muscled hot body.

"No fair! Let me go." I tried getting out but failed. Noticing, I wasn't going to win in this by escaping, I pushed both of us to the water.

It made a big splash and his hands entangled from my waist as he swam up for fresh air.

I laughed at his flabbergasted expression at what I did and splash water at me which later turned into a splashing fight to death.