Somethings up

Maya's birthday was coming in a couple of days and Nicky has been very stressful and demanding in making everything tiptop. She really loves her sister that she could literally kill anyone who would mess this up.

"Where's Maya?" I asked Gwen as I walked towards Gwen in the hall. My phone was buzzing with Nicky's endless reminder of what I need to do later. We had just finished the seashell necklace yesterday and my fingers still hurts from poking onto broken  seashells.

"Ah- I think she didn't feel well and went to the infirmary." She wasn't looking at me as she busied herself with looking at her notes. I've been getting this kind of reaction from her whenever I asked about Maya since she's always missing from class and the teacher didn't even make a single sound about her absences.

"Want to grab something before heading to the gym?" She suddenly asked but pulled me with her anyways. We went to the cafeteria and bought a light snack to munch while heading towards the locker room.

"Your phone has been buzzing since this morning. Everything's okay?" Gwen asked as we changed to our gym clothes. I wasn't sure if I should tell her about Maya's birthday party since the invitation was non-existent and that we were planning to do it today. 

We wanted to do something fun and would write the invitation with invisible ink on a black card. On top of the card, we'll write with a white marker, Light me up. The ink was made by lemon, Maya's favourite. All they need to do was either iron the invitation or hold the paper over fire. It's magical with what lemon can do.

"It's nothing really." I quickly silenced them and put it in my bag before heading out to the field.

"Hey you." Ted came toward us and gave us both a spin with his strong hands. Gwen was blushing furiously and I still have no idea how Ted was oblivious about this. 

"Looks like the boys have to join the girls on this sunny day." He told me and he was right when our gym teacher informed us that the guy's gym teacher was on leave today.

"I heard from the office." He winked before we had to laps on the field. 

"I think I'm going to check on Maya to see if she's okay and needs anything." I told them while we left the sweaty locker room. Thankfully, we still had one more class to go since I'm exhausting from playing co-ed soccer. The boys were beast on the field.

"No!" Gwen suddenly screamed and stopped in front of me. She took me off guard from her sudden behavior that I was thinking they were really hiding something from me. They've been very secretive and distant ever since we had a fight with Maya.

"What? Why?"

"I mean I saw Maya leave went we were at the field." She coughed out. Ted was beside me and was eyeing her as I was.

"Really?" Somehow it was hard to believe her. I didn't like it but my hearts kept telling me they were lying to me.

"Are you guys hiding something from me?" I asked her right in the face and for once I could see her true emotion before she hid it again. She nervously went pale and bit her lips.

"No. It's just that I think we should let Maya rest and we can see her after school." She explained while looking straight at me.

"Okay but if you're hiding something, just now that I'm all ears. You guys listened to what I had to hide so in return I want you guys to trust me." I told her and hopefully she'll tell me. Maybe they're not ready yet and just waiting until the time comes just like how I did.

"Let's go to class and get this day over with." I pulled her with me and smiled all the way while my heart chipped a little. It still hurts from knowing your best friends were hiding something from you and you're the only one who doesn't know. I felt left out.

"Come to Kyle's office later." Nicky called me as I put my books in my locker.

"Sure. See you there." 

"Hey, ready to go?" Max asked as I came towards him. I nodded and remained quiet the whole way, thinking about what my best friends could be hiding. It all started when Maya kept skipping school and was furious went I told Grandma Jamie but we made up and Gwen told me that Maya was only stressing on school.

"Hey." A finger snapped right in front of me and brought me back.

"We're here." Max chuckled at my confused face before I fully understand what he was saying. We had arrived at the pack house and I had to go to Kyle's office to help them out with Maya's invitation cards.

I quickly put my bag in my bed and took a plate of sandwiches before running towards his office which was already occupied with the rest of the party community member. 

"Finally you're here. I've got the lemons and the boys already helped squeezing them-"

"It went to my eye." I laughed when I saw Jack with an eye patch but felt sorry for him.

"Now, all we need to do is write the date, place and what to wear." Nicky clapped her hand before everyone scrambled to take a few cards and dipped a cotton swab to write with. 

"Please write nicely." Nicky pleaded to everyone and we nodded but I'm not sure if my handwriting was nice enough.

"All done." I sighed in relief after we had finished with all the invitation. My hand has been throbbing from writing nonstop for the last few hours and my stomach was growling in hunger.

"Let's get something to eat." Kyle said from beside me. I wished I could just cuddle next to him but Nicky's here so I need to burn my desire out.

"I'll send the cards tomorrow to everyone." Kyle told Nicky as we descended the stairs to the dining room. It was empty, no surprise there since it was already passed dinner. We went to the kitchen and saw leftovers in the oven. 

"How's Maya?" I asked Nicky and she looked up with a confused face.

"She's fine." She answered as if my question was a tricky one.

"It's just that you know she wasn't feeling well-"

"She wasn't feeling well? But she was at school the whole day." Nicky cut me off. Okay, something's really weird. Didn't Gwen said that Maya went back because she wasn't feeling well but how come Nicky didn't know.

"Yeah, she was. She stayed at the infirmary. What I meant was after school, how is she." I explained and didn't bother to tell what actually happened. I'm going to ask them myself, tomorrow at school.

"She's looks fine and healthy but a bit tired." I nodded and continued eating my dinner as I zoned out from whatever conversation they were having. It really bothers me to actually know something is up with my best friends but they still didn't tell me.

"I just have to be patient and trust them." I told to myself and tried to get some shut eye but my mind kept going about them and their little secret.

"I trust them." I repeated to myself before I was consumed by darkness. 

~ Vote & Comment ~

Thank You for reading :)