Busted!

"Sweetie, why don't you go out and meet some of your friends while we set up your birthday party. We want to surprise you." Mom squeezed my shoulders happily and I could feel her excitement radiating.

"But I want to help." I told her after I finished munching my cereal. I was still in my PJs with my messy hair.

"Then a surprise birthday party is going to be pointless." She said with a sad face.

I huffed and finally gave in. I couldn't bear ruining my mom's enthusiasm of planning my 17th birthday party. She loves planning events that she's the pack's event committee with some other people who loves decorating and cooking.

"What should I do today?" I asked myself.

"Maybe show your mate around." Sparks flowed vigorously in my body as his voice spoke.

My head snapped towards the kitchen entrance and saw him smiling. I put down my spoon in an instance and ran to him like my life depended on it.

"You're here!" I shrieked and he spun me around. My hands were tightly around his neck while his were on my waist. Our physically contact intensified the sparks even more.

"I couldn't miss my beautiful mate's birthday, could I?" He said and put me down.

"No. You should never." I smiled and gave him another squeezed. He chuckled but never let go of his hands.

"Alpha Kyle?" Kayla's voice called as she and my brother came downstairs. I could feel his body tensed and his hands were almost slipping away but I held them.

"Kay? What are you doing here?" He stuttered but coughed it off.

"She's Sammy's mate." I told him happily.

"You know each other?" Sammy asked and looked a little bit jealous but she pinched his cheeks as if he was a cute little boy who was jealous of not getting candy.

"Of course we know each other. I would always see her when we have meetings with other Alphas." Kyle answered.

"How's your sister? I heard she's taking over the pack." He said.

"She doing great and she's expecting." She answered and we went back into the kitchen for breakfast.

"I still can't believe her mate is her own beta. They would always fight with each other." He laughed.

"And I always thought he would end up with you since he likes you for so long." He chuckled but kept quiet instantly when Sammy started to growl protectively.

"Sorry. I've said enough." He apologized while Sammy hid his face in her hair.

"More than enough." She smiled.

"Good morning lovebirds." Mom called. She just came back from waking up the twins.

"Kyle? You're here? I didn't see you coming in. What would you like to eat?" Mom said non stop and looked happier than before.

"I just arrived and I've already eaten breakfast but thank you." He politely answered.

"Alone?" I asked as I put in a spoon of my cereal.

"Jackson's here but he went running to the beach the moment we arrived." He smiled.

"You guys are mates?" Kayla asked as she eyed us.

"But-" I quickly cut her off.

"Yeah. Anyway Kayla, would you like to join us? We're going on a tour while the others are going to set up the place for tonight." I said and she looked confused at first but nevertheless she nodded after squinting her eyes at Kyle as if she wants an explanation.