A new Partner and being safe

"-You can go now." The teacher said and in a flash everyone was already out of the door, leaving me alone with the teacher.

"Miss Peterson." He called as I was almost out of the door. I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him.

"I would have confiscate your phone but I didn't because you're one of my top students." His eyes went dead serious.

"I'll just give you a little warning and detention." He said and I looked down to my shoes. Feeling embarrassed at being caught.

He wrote my name on the detention slip and handed it to me with an apologetic smile.

"I hope you won't do it again and learn your lesson." He said and I nodded.

"You can go now." He said and I was out the door with a detention slip.

"Oh and Miss Peterson-" He called yet again and I paused my tracks just outside the door.

"Yes, Mr Queen." I answered.

"You're with Ted on the presentation." He informed me which must have been what I missed during the class.

"Ted?" I asked him and he nodded. Be mad at me but I don't know most of my classmates and Ted is one of my unknown and unfamiliar classmates.

"What about Maya? Can't I just group with her?" I tried to persuade him to change my partner but he wasn't bending, not even a bit.

"Sorry Miss Peterson you're stuck with Ted whether you like it or not." He said.

"And your little friend here is excused from this presentation." He told me like it was obvious to me why Maya was excused.

"And why is that?" I asked and somehow it went out wrong, I sounded like a kid throwing a tantrum.

"Young lady, just because I let you out from getting your phone taken away does not mean that you could talk to me in that tone." He scolded me.

"I'm sorry but-"

"No buts. You're with Ted. You can go now. The next class is about to start." He said without looking at me since he was getting ready for the next class. Not furthering my embarrassment any longer, I was out of his sight in a flash.

"Who the hell is Ted?" I stared angrily at my vibrating phone that put me into detention after school.

I wished I could ignore this text messages but apparently I can't. Nicky has a very strong determination to frighten you when she's too work out with things. As of right now, we're having a group discussion about Maya's birthday party from the decorations to the menus.

"That's me but who's asking." A guy suddenly stopped in front of me and luckily I managed to stomp on the breaks.

"Excuse me." I glared but the jet black dude wasn't getting my angry vibe and kept smiling like an idiot.

"You're excuse but first. I'm Ted, your partner for the presentation." He introduced himself.

"Great. I'm busy and I'm leaving." I told him before continuing my walk to my next class.

"Great because I'm also going this way." He said as he followed my paced.

I tried to ignore him in hoping he gets the idea and leave me alone but he wasn't leaving and the notifications just kept coming nonstop.

"What?" I asked him after not being able to handle this anymore.

"No. Just going to class." He answered calmly.

"And you're class just so happens to be the same direction as mine?" I asked and he laughed.

"That's funny." He wiped an imaginary tear while I looked at him dumbfounded.