PART 13, SECTION 1

Part 13: Turning

I let go of Emily's hand.

"Run!" I shouted pushing past the zombies blocking our exit.

They try to swing at me with there dirty, long black nails but missed.

I heard a scream. Turning around to see what the scream was, Emily zombies on top of her clawing away.

I left her for dead. Saving the others were more important not just one person.

"Follow me! I shouted to the others.

The others followed. Just like sheep. We ran out the sign that said exit. The others have overtaken me and was running faster.

Tripping over something hard, I fell in a heap on the floor.

Something squishy, I looked at it. Another deceased person. Looked pretty dead to me. Fumbling around to get up the zombie I was on opened its eyes, bearing its long bloodied tusks for teeth. Took a bite at my leg. Missed by an inch. After he tried to bite me I kicked him hard in the face, spinning his head all the way around.

The others were out of sight now. Probably outside: getting to my feet again, rushed outside. There they were the others; in a small group outside waiting for me.

Ava glared at me gasping for air.

"I hate you." She half shouted.

"No you don't." I replied smiling. "You don't hate me."

Walking towards her, I gave her a hug and whisper in her ear "sorry for putting you in danger."

Letting go after a minute hug. "We have to keep on moving. It's getting dark."

All the group nodded in acknowledgment. As they started walking away. Me and Ava were at the front of the group together scouting the area. Looking. Listening.

Nothing. Yet.

"What's your theory on how this all started?" I asked Ava. Reaching for her hand to hold.

She looked at me as in to say what are you doing. In the end she just let me grab her hand and hold it tight in my. Her hand was so warm to the touch. Ava normally wears tight trousers, t-shirt normally a band t- shirt, Doc Martin shoes and socks that cover up her ankles. Also she wears makeup, not a lot like most girls. She looked beautiful to me.

"My theory is that astronaut scientists found something in space. A virus of some sort. They contained it and was going to send it down to Earth for scientists to look at but before they could their airship in space got blown up. The virus the broke into the atmosphere and crashed. Then the human that came across it the canister exploded spurting out the virus making him infected with a deadly pathogen." Ava explained. "That's my theory."

"Wow you really have thought about this haven't you?" I asked looking into her perfect greenish eyes.

Ava nodded.

As soon as I could say anything else we were broken of by a sudden sound just in front of us about 100 metres away. Ava and I weren't concentrating at the road ahead. In one of the houses next to us on the streets of London there was a creak, then a sudden crash. That crash could attract so many zombies.

"You 3 stay outside and keep watch shout at me if you see or hear anything, Me, Ava and Mason will go and take a look inside to see what it was."

Grace, Logan and Jayden stayed outside the door.

Ava, Mason and I edged forward to look inside the house.

The door was already open.