40

let's get to 80 comments for a new update !

— INDIA SIMONE
a few months later

atlanta, georgia

"is this all for you?" i heard my cashier, staci ask as she finished scanning the clothes

"um," the woman with fried ends and a dingy white tee started. "thas' all,"

i walked past the registers and headed towards the back to watch the cameras.

"have we had a busy day?" i asked nala as i sat my brown michael kors bag on the desk.

i sat down in my chair and turning over to her.

"very busy, with the holidays right around the corner our sales increased a lot. we may need more cashiers though," she breathed out.

"what do you mean more cashier?" i raised an eyebrow at her.

"well i caught jaida and a few other girls stealing eyelashes and selling them outside of the store,"

"how much did they take?" my eyes widened, i couldn't even believe they betrayed my trust like that.

i paid everyone ten an hour for an easy ass job. nala got twenty but that's because her job was difficult.

"they're all gone," she pressed her lips together. "except for the ones on display,"

"how'd you let them get away with all of my shit? that was ten thousand dollars worth of lashes nana," i shook my head. "we gotta get that shit back,"

"i swear i had no idea. i was having car troubles this morning and got here late an-,"

"so you came late? but how did anyone get in if they didn't have a key?"

"well, i forgot to close up last night," she spoke nervously and gritting her teeth.

"you forgot?" i scoffed. "how the hell you forget? i hired you as a manager and my assistant because i thought you were responsible enough to do yo damn job,"

"i know," she breathed out as tears formed in her eyes. "it won't happen again, i didn't mean for any of this to happen. i promise we'll get those eyelashes back,"

"you're right, it won't happen again. you're fired."

"no, don't do that india. this job helped me get my own place and pay my car off. please don't let me go,"

"bye nala,"

after watching her leave as she wiped tears off her face, i felt bad but not that bad to have her come back.

"ten thousand?" kentrell's voice grew high making me move the phone from my ear. "you serious right na'?"

"wouldn't lie about my money trell, and they took all of it," i looked in my boxes of lashes. "and i just fired nala,"