12

— INDIA SIMONE

"bae, we finna go to angelo studio to finish up these songs," kentrell stated through the phone

"bae, we finna go to angelo studio to finish up these songs," kentrell stated through the phone. "want me to come over when you're done?"

"please," i smiled, "i gotta finish this book and write some papers. i hate college,"

"why go?" he asked me bluntly.

"i have to go, i can't make a household name for myself with just a high school diploma,"

"what you tryna say, cause i'm doing fine without mine,"

"YOU have a talent you can make money off of, i don't have that. it's not gonna be easy for me to live in this world by doing the bare minimum," i held the phone to my ear as i grabbed my book and brought it into my room.

"i get that, there's nothing you like to do though? you good at makeup, you could get a job doing that,"

"how would i get the money to even start something like that? i don't have a job trell." i sighed.

"i could pay for whateva' you need. here's yo' actual homework tonight. you figure out what it is you're good at and i'll pay for it. it'll be yours, if we ever fall off it's yours. i wanna see you win ma. who wants to work for somebody when you can be yo' own boss," he said getting excited. "i'ma call you when i leave from angelo,"

"okay baby," i smiled into the phone.

"and you better have something figured out," he quipped, making me laugh.

"bye trell,"

"bye,"

i dropped everything and laid my back on my bed. what was something i was good at? i could do makeup but i'm only good at doing my own.

i wear lashes so i could probably start selling those, and maybe weave too. shit, i don't know too many girls around here doing that. i see a few instagram models doing it but nobody around here has.

i write that down mentally and continue to think of more things. i can't sing, i'm a horrible dancer. i've never took acting classes and i'm probably the worst liar.

youtube was too much of a headache, especially with trell in the picture. oh this isn't gonna work. i just need to stay in school and be an obstetrician.

okay, i could have a clothing line with lashes and weave. that was my final decision and as soon as things go wrong i'm going back to school.