33

how y'all doing tonight? and what's on y'all minds?

— INDIA SIMONE

"i'm sorry india," ben said standing at the front door

"mmm," i hummed looking at him. his tone of voice was telling me otherwise.

"foreal, i ain't apologizing just cause kentrell told me to. i ain't have to call you out ya name. you did nothing wrong and i apologize for being disrespectful," he scratched the back of his neck.

"i'll accept your apology this time," i crossed my arms and looked at him.

"okay," he sighed reaching his hands out.

"what?" i raised an eyebrow.

"a hug? i'm tryna give you ah hug," he pressed his lips together.

"nah, kentrell wouldn't like that," i laughed. "but they just left to go finish up the store, and that's where i'm headed, need a ride there?"

"uhm, i'll just go with you i guess," he nodded.

"okay let me get my keys," i said walking over to grab my keychain from the kitchen counter. "you ready?"

"yeah,"

after grabbing ace from his cage and getting everything i needed we headed out to the car. the sun beaming on my skin and the breeze flowing through my hair.

"so," ben said clasping his hands together as i started the car up.

"so? what?" i looked over to him.

"you think kentrell gone be mad at you for bringing me over there?" ben slightly frowned.

"he shouldn't be, and if he is oh well." i shrugged giving him a smile.

he called me a bitch and that was basically equivalent to a slap in the face. but seeing that he's talked to kentrell about apologizing i accepted it, but i didn't forget what he said.

i didn't appreciate how he came at me and just cause i forgave him doesn't mean we're on good terms and that i like him.

"so y'all really known each other since y'all was kids?" ben looked down at his phone.

"yup, my grandma used to babysit him and his siblings. i was always over there and we were babies at the time and ever since then we'd always known each other. i can't remember a time we weren't together. we did everything together, he was my first kiss and my first crush. he even asked me to marry him when we were in middle school. didn't think we'd actually be together after all this time though," i reminisced as i watched the road. flashbacks just playing in the back of my head.