34

— INDIA SIMONE

"thank y'all all for coming out, i appreciate everyone for taking their time out to be here," i spoke into the mic looking around at the crowd grow

as i wrapped up my speech i handed the mic over to my host/assistant nala. she introduced the performers for the night as i went to check on everything.

"look at all these people here," i turned around to see angelo with flowers in one hand and mahogany's hand in another.

"oh my god," i pulled them both into a hug. "hey y'all,"

"it looks good as hell in here," angelo looked around. "you sure kentrell did this all by hisself?"

"i'm still shocked," i laughed with them.

"we got some news fa' ya auntie," angelo smirked looking at mahogany and back at me.

"what?" i dropped my neck down a little.

"well, we pregnant," mahogany smiled rubbing her stomach.

"what?" i gasped. "how long are you?"

"girl, just three months. we still don't know the gender though," she smiled, blushing as angelo kissed her cheek.

"what do y'all want?"

"a healthy baby," angelo blurted out confidently.

"i want a girl," mahogany giggled.

"where's nanny?" i asked wondering why she didn't attend the opening.

"she's staying in a hotel, you know she don't like big crowds especially with these young folk," angelo chuckled pulling me into another hug. "i'm so fucking proud of you india, i wanted to come see you but we gotta get going, we're here the whole weekend so we'll come over or something,"

"i love you," i smiled into his chest, happy to see my brother.

"love you too, see you,"

mahogany waved and i grinned watching them walk through the crowd. i resumed walking around to see how everybody reacted to the store.

the shaderoom was even posting about the opening and as shocking as it was i was happy to be getting some good publicity. it finally had nothing to do with trell and i's relationship which was a first.

when i think about it, it hurt to not have my parents here. kentrell told me not to worry because without them this wouldn't be possible.

just wish they atleast got to share this with me before they passed.

"y'all enjoying yourselves?" i asked a few guests, watching kentrell and ben talk in the corner.

whatever it was seemed urgent, kentrell shaking his head and they both had shocking ass looks on their faces.