22

(aye make sure to read the authors note at the end please, thanks)

- INDIA SIMONE

"oh, my baby," nanny caressed angelo's cheek

he tensed up at her touch and gave her a soft smile. kentrell and i have been here for hours and angelo was just waking up from after his surgery which was a good thing. they thought he would enter a coma considering all the damage that was done.

he said his studio was invaded by some florida niggas that he was working with and they stole his equipment and as he was trying to get them to leave, they jumped him. he has a few broken ribs, his right arms broken and he had a busted lip.

"india, go home," angelo looked over to me. i guess him and nanny were trying to get rid of me but i wasn't trying to leave. i figured i would stay until he was released.

"angelo, i'm staying. i wanna make sure you're okay," i insisted.

"india simone carter, go home. it's getting late and you don't need to stay here nanny's already staying. you got a business to take care of," he said with a completely straight face. "i'll be home soon,"

"bu-,"

"but nothing, take yo ass home." he scolded me. angelo usually wasn't like this with me, he wouldn't mind me staying up here but why is he doing this now? but i didn't keep going back and forth, he wants me to leave then i'll leave. i grabbed my keys and woke kentrell up and walked out of his room.

"you good?" kentrell asked, catching up to me.

"yeah," i chuckled. "angelo's just grumpy and i'ma give him his space i guess,"

i took a deep breath and pressed the button on the elevator, going down. i felt kentrell's arm go around my shoulder and i laid my head on his chest.

"he'll get over it, don't let it bother you though. i got a surprise for you," he said kissing my head as the elevator dinged.

a family walked out and we stepped into the elevator, my finger pressed on the first floor and the door closed in front of us.

"a surprise?" i looked up at him. "what kind of surprise?"

"a surprise is a surprise," he smiled. "but i gotta go pick it up,"

i loved surprises, i know most people don't enjoy unexpected things like that. but i feel like if somebody takes out the time to do something special then i commend them for that. it warms my heart and it makes me feel like i mean something.

"well you can drive, i really don't feel like driving," i said tossing him the keys as we walked in the parking lot. 

when we got settled in the car, kentrell stuck the key in the ignition and pulled out of the hospital. i felt my phone vibrating in my pocket and i looked down at it.