26

- INDIA SIMONE

"you can just sit yo' shit down fa' right na'

"you can just sit yo' shit down fa' right na'. i'm sleepy as hell," kentrell jumped on the bed spreading his body out.

"come on ace," i said walking out the balcony bouncing him in my arms.

ace has been getting big as hell but he's still a baby, to me at least. i sat down in one of the chairs and felt a cool breeze come over me. it felt really good outside and we had a perfect view of the water.

i played my music and let ace run around the balcony as i relaxed. the bahamas was pretty on the pictures i've seen but actually being on the island was breathtaking. the air was different, it was peaceful and the vibe was just right.

i rested my feet on another chair and closed my eyes, letting my mind relax. the wind blowing against my skin and it was silent. a great time to fall asleep but i wasn't tired, i really wanted to stick my feet in the water.

when i came back into the room, i changed out of my clothes and put on one of my bathing suits and a nice cover up since i wasn't swimming. i grabbed ace's leash and clipped it on his collar.

we made our way downstairs and started walking out to the beach. the sand wasn't too hot so i slipped off my flip flops and held them in one hand.

"aye," i heard a guy call from behind me.

i just continued to walk out on the sand, ignoring him. i let ace loose so he could get his exercise in. his doctor said to make sure he was active for at least 45 minutes a day.

i made sure to keep my eyes on him as i sat down in a beach chair. ace couldn't go too far and he usually runs back to me when he's worn out.

my feet rubbed against the warm sand and i went on twitter just going through my feed. i felt my phone begin to vibrate in my hands and i answered it once i saw who was calling.

"hey bubba,"

"you made it yet? i been sitting hea' worried bout you,"

"yeah. i'm good, just sitting out on the beach while ace run around a little bit."

"okay, okay. thanks for the new equipment by the way. it's way better than the shit i had befo' and i miss you. when you coming back to louisiana?"

"uhm, not sure yet. i'll be visiting y'all soon tho," i smiled into the phone.

"yeah right. we miss you here. nanny said hey,"

"hey nanny," i yelled into the phone.

"yeah, man it's been so weird without you here. i can't even protect you no more or keep you outta trouble,"

"i don't even get in trouble, and you're fine. i've been making a lot of good decisions lately,"

"yeah, okay. you and kentrell better be using protection too. i don't want no nieces and nephews right now. focus on your craft, get married and then y'all can work on a kid."