【Reminded.】Chapter 21

Today was the day, the day where the result of the winner of the Sports Festival and the little bet will be announced. I was currently waiting in the backstage for our turn to walk in the field.

"(Y/n), L-let's d-do our v-very b-b-b-b-" Ochako is currently standing beside me while clinging to my arm hard. She was too nervous that she wasn't even able to finish her sentence that she was planning to say.

"It'll be alright," I gave her a warm hug as I felt her breath slow down and gradually her heartbeat was at the same pace as mine. "I guess I was too nervous," she confessed. We broke the hug where she now looked at me with a bright smile. "Thanks, good luck to us both!"

I high-fived her and replied her the same line.

"Good luck to us both!"

We walked out into the field as the waves of cheering from the crowd impacted us, there were so many people watching us and not only that, it was going live on everywhere. At this point, I was also influenced by the attention that was given onto us. "There's really a lot of people here," commented one of my classmate who I believe is called Jiro.

While I was still amazed by the number of people, the speaker has already introduced the next group of people, the B class.

I glanced at them only to see that they're spreading the aura of rivalry toward us.

So something happened on the day before we have our two days holiday. I was about to walk home with Ochako and Tsu before realizing there was a crowd in front of our classroom. They were the people from Class B. First, I tried to be nice to them by asking what they wanted, however, was replied by a not so polite tone.

I decided not to deal with them so I walked off while grabbing my friend's hand.

"Hey, come back!!" I heard someone shouting from behind but soon we were too far from them and could no longer hear the noise. It wasn't like I despise them or something but when I'm being nice to one, I expect them to at least be polite when replying.

And now they are all staring into our direction.

"Okay, now we're all set to start," announced Midnight, a hero that was also very well-known. Somehow this reminded me about the black cat that I have back in my house.

Wow, their name was the same...

So she started by announcing the class representative which in our case, was Bakugo.

"I will definitely win this," was all he said that have brought the other classes into their furious mood. There were shouting from across the field but I could see his face was rather serious when saying out the sentence. He should be laughing and having a problem with using civilized words, however, he wasn't acting in that way.

Guess everyone was pretty nervous.

"Now, with that out of the way," Midnight said as she tried to bring back the mood. "Let's get going on with our first race!" I swallowed and waited for her announcement.

"Obstacle Race!!!!!" The crowd had cheered even louder at this point. "In this race," she started to explain to both the audience and us, "our students will have to cross a four-kilometer-long track along with many different obstacles on the way. The first forty-two to arrive the ending line will be able to march on to our next stage."

With that, we were brought to the first race. I glanced around to see that everyone was ready to go at the moment the starting signal rang. I, with a deep breath taken, slowly position myself and mentally supported me.