【Forgotten.】Chapter 8

"Daddy! Mommy!" I ran around the little garden as I yell to them. They look at me with a bright smile, just like the sun that day.

Shining.

I know that they don't have a lot of time to spend on me so I tried to be around them the whole day. I asked mommy to make my favorite cakes and father to bring us out to the seashore. The sound of waves washing up along the shore, the laughter of ours and the people around us, and the heat that just kept me in staying under water. All of these just makes me feel like in heaven.

I walked around the seashore and picked up different kinds of beautiful shells. Each of them is unique, same as us. My smile hasn't left me a minute ever since I am with my parents.

 I love them.

"(Y/n), my child," said mommy as she bends down beside me. Her beautiful (e/c) eyes shine under the reflection of the sunlight and her flowing (h/c) hair made me feel like she was a princess. "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

I replied without a second thought.

"When I grow up, I want to become like mommy!"

"But what about hero? I thought you like All Might a lot."

I thought about it for a while. The final answer didn't take long for me to figure it out. I opened my mouth as I was about to say something but then mommy had spoken first.

"It's impossible to be both, honey." My mouth was still opened, but I lost the word at the time this sentence was finished. I never knew and think through this thoughtfully. These two options were always on the road as I can recall. However, now it seems to be two completely different paths.

Yet I was naive at the time and don't know the true meaning behind her words, the hidden meanings that are decorated under those civilized letters weren't meant for a child I was back then.

I was told about this fact at the age of four and understand it by the age of five.

What my mother was trying to mean isn't about my future job nor lifestyle I choose to live.

It was a usual day of summer as the woman with pink hair came to pick me up from the kindergarten. Her name was Hanako, a maid that's been hired to train my quirks. "How was your day today?" She asked with her red orbs looking at mine, giggle a bit at the end as usual.

"It was great! I get to make a new friend called Tsuyu!"

"That's amazing, how do you want to eat ice cream?" I replied with yes and eager shake my head up and down as she leads me to a shop nearby our house. She gave me a (favorite flavor) ice cream as we sat down on the bench.

"What does it like to be an adult?" I asked as I took a lick on my ice cream, the coldness shivered through my body and brighten up my mood.

"Well, how do I put this..." She looked up into the blue sky and thought about it before looking back into my eyes and replied to me.

"It's hard."

"How?"

"Hmm..." She turned her head to another side at this point. "Ah!" she cried as she clapped her hands together and started to explain to me.

"Being a child is nice. You wouldn't need to choose between two. If you like this flavor and also that flavor of ice cream, you could get both. But as an adult, you'll have to make up your mind on which is the one flavor you will want to eat. In the world of grown-ups, our bowl is too small to fit up both cause it's hard even to contain one ice cream."

She took a bite into her mint ice cream.

"That's why I never agree on the saying of 'as you grow up, your heart will also be stronger.' I think when we grow up, our heart is only being compressed to a smaller one by how the whole society is and...it's complicated. You should enjoy your time now, Miss (y/n). When you'll grow up, you will figure that adult's world is more fragile than kids since you understand the cruelty of the reality."

I fall in silence and decide to finish up my ice cream before started heading back with Hanako and begin my practice.

After a week or so, some incident that changed my life took place.

I was about to start training with her but she brought me to the library room instead of the backyard.

"Why are we here?" I asked her.

But there was only silence.

"Why are we here in the library room? Mommy told me to stay away from here while they are-" A sudden power so big had grabbed my arms and thrown my body onto the shelves. Some books fall and the whole shelf has fallen but just in time, I dodged away.

I couldn't process what just happened so I just sit there in silence as the hand grabs me again. This time I yelled as trying to get the other maids to hear me. No one came through.

Hanako's red eyes were blazing as she pinned me onto the ground.

She wasn't the normal her, something was controlling her. I tried to escape by wiggling my body around but nothing happened. It only causes a slap for quieting me down.

"Now...be quiet!" I opened my eyes but things are getting blurred. Roughly through my vision, I could see her holding a syringe on her other hand that was striking to me at such a speed.

I whelped as she started to giggle. The pain rushes through me as my limbs started to shake and a feeling of throw up had taken over me. My vision now wasn't only blurred, it's also shaking. She let go of me already at this point but I didn't realize until I saw her leaving the room. There was a heavy weight on me that kept me from moving as the feeling of tiredness spread through me.

I tried to keep myself awake but nothing seems to work.

The last thing I can remember before my consciousness faded away was hearing Hanako saying something like...

"I was free."

In order to keep the story going is to talk about reader-chan's backstory a bit since this story based a lot about that.

I want Todoroki as a childhood friend...

Nio X Untitled ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_