Chapter 17

A few days had passed, and not much had change. Still unknown what Zack and I are, still no answer from Juilliard, still hadn't told my parents I applied for Juilliard, but we did have a plan for bridesmaids dress shopping this weekend since the wedding was a little more than a month after the benefit concert.

"Madison, let's go!" My mom shouted for me. I quickly threw my hair up into a ponytail and slipped on my sneakers. I grabbed my dance bag and ran to the car. I got a text from Ricky, getting the schedule for today's rehearsal.

4:00pm- warmups
4:10pm- start with the group numbers/clean
4:40pm- run/clean trios
5:10pm- run/clean duets
5:40pm- run/clean 2 solos (Mads choice)
6:10pm- dismiss J,Z,B,H
6:15pm- run everything w Madison
7:30pm- learn new solo!!
8:30pm- dismissed

I read it off to my mom and she nodded.

"That's a lot in one rehearsal."

"Yeah, but we're getting closer to the show, so I mean," I trailed off and texted back.

"Any developments on your Juilliard application?" She smiled and I tapped my nails on my phone, trying to avoid a lie.

"Haven't gotten accepted yet." I said, which wasn't a lie, she just was missing the first half of the truth. She laughed and looked over at me.

"You have to submit before you can get accepted." She joked and I forced a small laugh as we pulled into the parking lot. I got out as Brianna did and she waved to me. I gave her a hug and we headed upstairs.

"How have you been girly? I feel like I haven't seen you in years." She linked her arm in mine.

"No, I know. We see each other like everyday but I have no idea what's going on in your life. Tell me everything." We got into the elevator, our moms slowly following.

"While I'd love to tell you all the details of my life, I wouldn't like to tell my mom." She whisper laughed.

"Girls night, Saturday night, my place?" I asked her, also getting permission from my mom, who nodded.

"Perfect."

We reached the studio, where Zack, Jordyn, and Hadley were laughing while stretching. Jordyn ran up and unexpectedly jumped onto my back, causing me to go down, laughing.

"You'd think with how many times you've done that, I'd know it's coming." I laughed as I stood up, with the help of Zack. Things were, a little, awkward just because the girls knew what happened over the weekend, and they were freaking out with every glance we shared. Zack gave me a small smile and I think went to kiss my cheek, but I went in for a hug and it was weird.

"Kiss him, kiss him, kiss him!" Jordyn started whisper chanting, followed by the others.

"Jordyn Jones I swear," I whipped my head around and she giggled.

"I mean, they're not wrong." Zack whispered into my ear and I got goosebumps all over my arms.

"Later," he placed his hand on my arm, "If you're lucky." I moved my arm away and he put his hand over his chest, like he was shot.

"Alright kids, let's go, let's go, lots of stuff to do today!" Ricky walked in, taking out his laptop and hooking it up. "Alright, are you stretched?" We all said yeah and set up for the first group number, Footloose.

"Hit that kick harder Brianna!"

"Zack you were late!"

"Jordyn you're marking it!"