Chapter 27

A week had never felt more hectic, and it was only Wednesday. Thankfully, we had the week off of school for Thanksgiving break, but that only meant we spent longer at the venue, having cue to cues every day starting at noon and usually going until 10:30. 

"Okay, we finally have a running order, come take a look. Anything in bold is a talking moment throughout the showcase." Ricky called us over to review the order of the show.

In My Blood

Madison opening remarks (teleprompter)

Rebecca from DAC remarks with kids (M. quick change)

Happier 

Levitating (M. + Z. QUICK change at start of song)

Commercial 

DAC Donor Chat

Party in the USA

Falling (M. quick change)

Last Great American Dynasty

Jordyn interview with Kids (M. quick change)

Dynamite

Brianna interview with Kids (H. quick change)

Golden 

All of the Stars

Commercial (M. + Z. quick change)

Footloose 

DAC Donor Update

Sweet Creature

Madison interview with Kids

Don't Start Now

Zack dance workshop with Kids (M. quick change)

Ballerina

Final DAC Donor Update until finale (M. quick change)

Someone to You

Zack and Brianna closing remarks (Teleprompter) (M. quick change)

Shake it Off

FINAL DAC Donor Update/ Madison Closing Remarks (Teleprompter)

Shake it Off Playoff

DONE!

All the stress I had been pushing aside the last month and a half finally sunk in. All of my changes were quick changes, but if they were specifically written out as a quick change, and capitalized on some of them, I knew they were going to be lightning speed. 

"How do we feel?" Ricky asked us and we all looked at each other nervously. "I know it's a lot, but you're all overly prepared. You know these dances like the back of your hand." He brushed our worries away. I reread the list, my eyes darting to the bottom of the list.

"Question," I slowly raised my hand and he pointed to me. "When am I learning Someone to You? We talked about it, then never learned it, but it's on the sheet." I asked, panicked. Ricky's eyes grew wide as he looked over the list.

"No, I taught it, you learned it, remember?" He opened up his planner, looking for the date he taught me my, apparently, finale solo. He pointed to one of the calendar squares, where he had scribbled "Someone to You Surprise", on the same day I found out I couldn't attend my Juilliard