Chapter 20

I sprinted up my stairs, knowing I only had 15 minutes before I had to leave in order to be on time for rehearsal. I felt so dirty after trying on dresses all day, that I decided to take a very quick shower. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and did my best to keep it dry while I quickly washed all the germs off of me. I grabbed a pair of leggings and a teal asymmetrical crop top. I fixed my messy bun into a slightly neater ponytail, grabbed my dance bag, and flew down the stairs, with five minutes to spare.

"You've been alive for seventeen years, and you're just now letting me know you can get ready that quickly?" My dad chuckled and I rolled my eyes as I grabbed a turkey wrap from the fridge. "I don't know if your mom told you, but she's taking Kyle to his practice tonight. We're trying to make sure Kyle doesn't feel as neglected."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, slightly annoyed that this was the first I was hearing of it. I know I was the one who brought it up to them, but a heads up that I was the neglected child of the day would've been nice. I don't need her to come, I'm capable of driving myself, and honestly she can be pretty distracting, especially when there are other moms. It's just nice to have her support during this very stressful performance period, especially since she can videotape everything for me. "No, she didn't but it's fine. I'll be back kind of late, so I'll probably miss dinner." I grabbed a water bottle and went to hug him goodbye.

"You know, I could always go with you to your practice- um I mean rehearsal. I know I'm not really a "Dance Dad"," he really overplayed the air quotes there, "But it could be fun! I could watch you do your thing, before it makes it to stage." He smiled, with hopeful eyes. No part of me wanted this. It was nothing personal, but dance just isn't his thing, which was totally okay. He took care of Kyle and baseball, and mom took care of me and dance. This is why we had this arrangement. I could only imagine mom in her heels at the baseball field right now, hovering over the bleachers in an effort to not stain her white jeans. But, I couldn't say no to my dad. He looked so excited, and frankly, I didn't have the time to convince him he wouldn't want to go. 

"Uh, sure. But we need to leave like right now. Can you drive so I can eat?"

We got to the studio, and I saw Zack's pickup truck in the parking lot, which meant his mom must have not joined him today. We could've had a parent free rehearsal, but instead my dad of all people tagged along. My eyes grew wide as we got in the elevator and I realized I forgot to warn Zack my dad was coming. I ran past Tori, but my dad being my dad, had to stop and introduce himself properly. I slipped into the studio quickly to see Ricky and Zack laughing about something and I ran over to them. Zack smiled and went to kiss me, but I cut him off. "Hi boys, so good to see you. Apparently, my mom decided to spend the day with Kyle at baseball and my dad was so excited about the idea of coming to rehearsal, that I couldn't possibly say no. He's talking to Tori and will be in in a second. Cool? Cool." I pecked Zack's lips, and when I pulled away I saw the dumbfounded expression on his face and Ricky laughed to himself. 

"A day with dad and the new boyfriend, where we work on your very intimate duet. This should be interesting. Go warm up, I'll talk to dad for a bit." Ricky pat Zack on the shoulder and headed out to the hallway. 

"There's such thing as a warning you know!" 

"What do you think that was? I ran so fast to try to beat him to the elevator!" I laughed and Zack rolled his eyes before giving me another quick kiss. "Oh you're bold."

"And you're beautiful, what do you expect?" I blushed, suddenly becoming aware of it since Ricky called me out earlier today. "Speaking of beautiful, I heard you got a dress today? Ricky said it was absolutely perfect, but said you hadn't sent him the pictures yet. Let me see! I want to see you all dressed up." He excitedly begged. It was kind of cute watching him get so excited about this. "Plus," Zack leaned down to whisper into my ear, "He said you looked sexy, so now I definitely want to see it." I bit my lip and let out a small laugh. 

Not The Same  (sequel to "Abby Ultimate Dance Competition: Season of Love")जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें