Chapter 4

After the end of an exhausting first day, I stood at my locker waiting for Jordyn. I was texting Travis when someone stood in front of me. I looked up, and didn't recognize him. He was easily at least six two, a football player, and reeked of weed.

"Uh, hello?" I greeted, clearly confused.

"Hey, I'm Trevor." He gave me a small head nod.

"Madison." I gave a small smile. He stood there, continuing to stare at me, making me uncomfortable. "My friend is waiting for me outside, so I'm going to go. Nice to meet you." I lied, trying to leave but he blocked me, towering over me.

"She can wait, I want to get to know you." He pressed his hand onto the locker,moving closer to me, forcing me to move against the locker.

"Maybe another time, but she's waiting." I tried to go around him and he put his other hand against the locker, cornering me in.

"Talk to me Madison." Trevor got closer to me, and I tried to duck under his arm, and failed miserably. "Tell your friend to get a ride home, I want you come with me." He started to grab my hand and I pulled it back.

"No way." I tried to step back, but I was all the way against the locker.

"Madison, I like you. Let's just make this easy." He grabbed my waist and whispered to me, as I probably got second hand high from his breath.

"Clearly you don't know her then if you want it to be easy." Zack spoke up from behind Trevor. Trevor turned around and scoffed.

"Who are you?" He rolled his eyes.

"Her friend." Zack looked at me and I gave a small smile.

"So am I, I'm just talking to my friend. Mind your business." Trevor turned back to me and I crossed my arms.

"I am, that's why I'm here." Zack continued to stick up for me, and Trevor quickly became annoyed.

"Fuck off." Trevor whipped around to face Zack completely and put very little space between them.

"You fuck off, she's just trying to go home, she doesn't need you-" Zack's speech was interrupted as he got shoved into a locker by Trevor, who started to turn back to me but I tried to walked away, and was quickly stopped by Trevor's hand grabbing my wrist. I attempted to wiggle out of his grip as Zack yanked me away and I started to run over to Jordyn who was standing on the other side of the hallway in shock. Zack went to hit Trevor and I ran back.

"Stop it. It's not worth it." I grabbed his arm as lifted it up to punch him. He was breathing heavily and Trevor laughed at him as we walked away.

"I'll see you later Madison. Next time, don't bring your "friend"." He shouted after us as we left the building, Jordyn trailing behind us. We walked in silence to the car. We reached the car and Jordyn got in the car without a word.

"You didn't have to get involved. I could have handled it." I said after a moment of silence.

"Yeah, it really looked like you had it under control." Zack rolled his eyes. We stood there quietly, waiting for who would give in first. It was me.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine, it's a tough spot to be put in." Zack shrugged.

"Not just that. I'm sorry I've treated you like shit since I've gotten back." I apologized. "If someone treated me like that, I wouldn't have saved their ass like you just did, so thank you."

"Anytime Mads." He smiled and I looked at my car.

"Well, you didn't have to walk me to my car." I laughed awkwardly.