Chapter 2

Sitting at lunch, we were all laughing and chatting like old times.

"No they didn't!" I laughed at Jordyn, with the rest of the table.

"Yes they did! The L.A Zoo tried to hire me to be their mascot!" She confirmed, starting to laugh along. "Okay, yeah I hear it now." Jordyn sighed and I laughed and took a bite of my salad.

"I missed this." I looked at the girls, and they all have small smiles in agreement.

"When are Riley and Nick coming?" Hadley asked looking around and I checked my phone.

"Oh, Riley said they're busy. Maybe they'll stop by tonight." I shrugged, disappointedly.

"Okay so, tell us all about Travis!" Brianna excitedly changed the subject.

"Okay, what do you want to know?" I asked them as I sat up straighter.

"Everything, I feel like I know nothing." Jordyn leaned forward.

"He's seventeen, Abby second season Ultimate Dancer, we met at his finale but we really hit it off at Joffrey, he's really sweet, he has a twin, Tyler, and two younger sisters who are also twins, Avery and Ally, and he smells really good." I gushed.

"There has to be more. Show some pictures!" Brianna begged as I pulled out my phone, 5:34.

"I'd love to, but it's past five thirty. We left at one!" I realized and we all grabbed our bags. We quickly paid upfront and headed to the car as Hadley's phone rang.

"Hello? Yes this is Hadley. Really? Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I'll be there as soon as possible, thank you!" She hung up the phone. "I got the job!" She squealed and we all hugged her.

"Oh I'm so proud! Come on, I'll drop you off on the way home!" We piled into the car as Brianna's phone rang.

"Hello? Yes sir. Okay great, thank you so much, I'll be there soon." She hung up and was quiet for a moment.

"Well?!" Jordyn hit Brianna with her purse.

"I'm friends with Ariel!" She beamed and we all cheered.

"That's great! So two for Disney, and one for Universal?" I looked at Jordyn.

"Actually could drop me off at my house? It's like two blocks away from yours." She requested and I nodded. We started to drive and Hadley plugged in her phone, blaring Shawn Mendes.

"So you're still on that hype?" I laughed and glanced at one of my best friends.

"It's not a hype, it's a lifestyle Madison." She said seriously, before bursting into a fit of laughter. I dropped off her and Brianna, and Jordyn made her way up to the front seat.

"So, how are you doing with Zack living here?" She asked me once the girls were out of earshot.

"I was shocked, but like you said, I can't do anything about it. I guess I'll just learn to deal with it." I shrugged and pulled out of the Disney parking lot.

"Well, if you ever don't want to talk, I still have 'Candy Land'." She smiled and I laughed.

"I still have the pack of cards. I used them like every other day in New York." I told her and she laughed.

"What for?" She asked me.

"For playing cards?" I answered confused.

"No, you used them for something else. You told me once that you only play games to avoid something. What were you avoiding?"

"You know, you've grown so much. You were already basically an adult when you were ten, but now you're like growing into your maturity and I'm just so proud of you." I beamed, like a proud mom.