----49----

Word Count: 3510

Klaus' POV: Wedding Morning.

I couldn't sleep much last night, the adrenaline was kicking in, I was excited to be marrying Alexa, she was everything I could ask for in a woman and I was going to be marrying her in a couple of hours. 

"Oh you're up early" Kol said as he walked in to my bedroom, "I was just coming in to wake you up" He had a tray of food in his hand that he placed on the desk next to my bed. 

"You know what they say, the early bird gets the worm" I reply back. 

"Did you get any sleep?" Kol asks, obviously noticing the bags under my eyes. 

"Nothing coffee can't fix" I joke and reach over for the mug of coffee sitting on the tray. Kol just sighs and walks towards the door, 

"Take a shower, you stink and I'm pretty sure you don't want Alexa to think that too" He winks and slips out the door.

Before hopping into the shower I finish all of the toast and eggs on the plate, then check the time, okay so it's 9am, I have about 2 and a half  hours to get ready and then I'll be watching my beautiful bride walk down the isle. 

After a very hot and much needed 35 minute shower I walked out of the room and started to blow dry my hair. 

"Hey Nik, seeming as I'm your best man and all, because Elijah is MIA, I decided I needed to be the one that brings you your wedding present" Kol says after giving one knock on the door and walking in.

"You didn't need to get me anything Kol, just having you and your arrogant personality next to me today is all I need" I joked. 

"Ha very funny Nik, but your present is downstairs, so once you're all suited up come down to everyone" Kol said. 

"Ok" I said simply. 

My suit was hung up on the back of my wardrobe door, I lightly placed it on the bed and began to get changed, when I had finished I turned around to look into the mirror.

Not too bad, I guess. (Refer to the Image above for his suit)

I ran my hands down the front of the suit, smoothing all the creases out.

Now let's go see what Kol has for me... 

Slowly I walk down the spiral staircase of my mansion, I was beginning to get really nervous now, what if she changed her mind overnight and now she regrets saying yes to me. 

"Nik, how nice of you to join us" A voice I hadn't heard in a about a year says. My eyes slowly turn into the direction where the voice came from. 

"Elijah" I whisper. 

"Nice to see you again Niklaus" He says, I walk over and pull him in for a hug. 

"It's been too long, I missed you" I mumble. 

"It has been long. Long enough for me to miss your engagement and nearly your wedding" He says sadly. 

"Hey it's fine, I understand that you had things to sort out back in New Orleans before you came back here with us" I pat his back. 

"Well since Elijah's here, I gave him the Best-man's position" Kol speaks from behind me. 

"Wait really?" I asked Surprised that Kol did that for Elijah. 

"Yeah, he was originally meant to be best man anyways, so I don't really mind giving it back to him" Kol says like it doesn't matter, but I can tell that it really does, Kol was really excited that I had chosen him as my best man, whether it be because he was a replacement for Elijah or not.