mercy

Y/N's POV           

Being in a relationship with the love of your life is the best thing that could happen to you but this so called relationship is not allowed to be out in public and that alone can destroy every part of you.                      
I've been with Billie for two years now and ever since we started dating her family has been so supportive but the label she's under doesn't approve of it. We've talked about it and I understand that making music is one of her dreams and I can't be that person to take that away from her. I want what's best for her so I agreed to hide our relationship from the public even if my mind knows how difficult it would be.                
Yesterday Billie told me that her management wants her to "date" this new up and coming rapper named Jaylen or Jay whatever his name is. They said it would be great publicity for both of them.
I want to say no but Billie already agreed to it so I don't have a choice but to go with what they want. Months passed by and every time I see them going on extravagant dates, and to award shows, and being guests on Tv shows. The sight of them acting like lovesick puppies breaks my heart more and more everyday. That should be me not some random guy.                  

Its been 6 months since they've gone public with the dating stunt, Billie asked me to accompany her and Maggie to an award show, being with her is my main priority so I said yes immediately.
We're backstage waiting for Billie to take the stage and perform, she said she needs to talk to her manager so Maggie and I wait for her,  when I saw her guard walking toward us I didn't know what to do and to feel when I saw a smiling Billie and Jaylen. I felt Maggie hold my hand and squeeze it but with the scene playing in front of me makes me feel numb, right there just a few steps away from me Billie kissed Jaylen like she didn't care that I could see them. When she turned around and saw me there this blank look in her eyes that I never seen before, she just walked passed us that's when I decided I couldn't take it anymore with no words said I left the place and drove home crying my eyes out.            I've been asking my self where did we go wrong, where did I go wrong in this relationship, my mind is a mess with the scene Billie and Jaylen pulled out there broke everything that keeps me believing that Billie still feels the same way I feel about her.           
Driving fast and not in the right state of mind, I didn't see the car coming straight toward me at full speed, all I can remember is a loud crash and the intense pain in my head before everything went black.             

When I opened my eyes I shut them closed immediately because of the intense stinging sensation, but everything feels numb when I hear her voice calling my name. When I opened my eyes, there she is the person I love the most and the reason I'm feeling the greatest pain. She cried but I just looked at her asking my self where is the person that I love?                
"I'm so sorry baby,  I thought I---i-i lost you. You don't know how scared I was when your mom called and told me that you were in a car crash." she said between sobs.                 
I looked at her really looks at her but I can't see my Billie anymore all I see is the girl who kissed the guy she likes in front of me without hesitation. She betrayed me but she wasn't even fazed by the immense pain she caused me, physically and mentally. "S--stop lying to yourself " I closed my eyes and looked away. I took a deep breath before opening my eyes again. I looked her deep in her bloodshot eyes, and I could see everything the pain and the regret.
"I know you love him, don't fool me because I can see the sparks in your eyes when you look at him. "I sighed softly and sniffled before I weakly reached my hand up to wipe her tears.
"You know you used to look at me that way, before all this happened. When you still loved me." She ignored me and denied not loving me anymore. At this point she's just trying to convince herself that she still has love for me.
"Let's all be honest here. I still love you. My love for you has never lessened or faded away. Even with what we went through for the past six months my love never faded away, with all the pain your smile reminds me that things will be better one day.  But now all I want is for this pain to go away, and for you to be honest with yourself.  Please if you really love me then let me go, please." I barely got my last sentence out, my voice is weak and you could hear it crack with each word.      
"I can't Y/n, I love you.  Please don't do this to me right now." I sigh and looked her in her once blue eyes, they're blood red due to her never ending crying.          
"Please Billie take me out of this misery because I don't know how I can take anymore heartbreak. Seeing you with him everyday made me weaker, just please give me a break and let me go. 
Please Billie have mercy on me. Let me go. "With the little strength that I have I take my hands away from her hold.
"Please for once hear me out, Let me go and be with the person you truly love. "
I can see the struggle she's in, she's about to talk when someone knocked on the door. The door opened slowly and I saw the person I didn't expect to be here. Jaylen stood there awkwardly "Sorry to interrupt but Billie we need to go, we have a appearance for a show in an hour" I saw her hesitation but I already know what she will do and doing it I know she already chose what she wants.                     

With tears in my eyes I prayed to god that the pain would go away one day because right now all I can feel is my heart being broke by the person who I thought  would be mine forever.  I closed my eyes, but before I do I open them one last time and all I see is.....       

Billie turning her back on me for the last time..

BASURA 🤮