14. Party

Lola's p.o.v:

Everyone from school and every other high school round here, apparently, started pilling into the house and I was just happy this party wasn't gonna be a bust. "Hey who invited all the Rock hill boys?" Jess asked Billie "you know boys, they know someone who knows someone here" she replied and I nodded in agreement, not a fucking clue who they were. "Hey Lola?" Billie asked "yes?" She had a devilish smirk on her face "you say you and Jack are nothing more than friends right?" I raised my brows as I nodded my head "of course, why do you ask?"

I am lying, we all know it. I like him, a lot.

"Prove it" she placed her hand on my shoulder and spun me around so I was looking at a group of what I can only assume is football boys or soccer (I am still new here) "what..." Sam cut me off "tall blonde one, he likes you, can't take his eyes off you so go and prove you don't like Jack" she whispered in my ear and I felt a lump in my throat.

Nope. Not doing it. 1) What if he doesn't like me, imagine the embarrassment. 2) I don't want to kiss anyone, anyone that isn't Jack.

Abbie snapped me out of my daze "just do it Lola, hes hot!" She smirked at me. I tried fighting them off but I knew I wouldn't win and then it would be constant torture about me having feelings for Jack.

Just do it Lola. It is just a kiss, means nothing: nothing at all.

I gave the girls a stare before rolling my eyes and watching 'blondie' go get a drink "I hate you guys" I mumbled before following him. As I pushed past the crowds of people I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around to see who it was.

He had chestnut brown hair, with dark green eyes, tanned skin and lets just say he wasn't to bad on the eye.

"Hey, who are you?" I asked taking a sip of my drink "I'm Matt, I just want to say happy birthday for tomorrow" he gave me a small smile "thanks Matt, see you around just got something to do" he gave me a nod and I carried on walking

"that was odd" I mumbled to myself.

When I reached the table I saw blondie and took a deep breathe knowing I had the girls staring at me like they were ready to pounce on their prey.

Spill a drink? Too cliché.
'Accidentally' bump into him? No also too cliché.
Randomly kiss him? No, could be, definitely is, assault.

"Tristan is the name by the way" he extended his arm and I took his hand, he planted a small kiss on my hand "Lola" I quietly mumbled "birthday girl for tonight, no?" I smiled as he poured himself a rum and coke "want one?" I nodded, I just feel so nervous about this, but why? Just a drunken kiss right? Means nothing, nothing at all, I reminded myself.

I am not cheating on Jack, but it sure feels like it.

I shake my thoughts, just get it done Lola and then the girls will leave you alone, for an hour at most. "Do you smoke?" I asked him and he nodded "on occasion, want some company?" I smiled and took his hand to lead him outside.

I noticed there was some people in the pool and was almost certain someone was having fun in the summer house and even the shed, needs must and all I suppose.

"So Tristan, what brings you tonight?" I asked as he lit my cigarette "well you know, the promise of some drink, a good time, maybe a nice girl" he winked and I felt my cheeks fluster "I play centre back for Rock hills" I am sure he has a little English accent poking through "are you....do you" we both spoke and he waved his hand insisting I went first "are you English, thought I could hear a little something" he smiled "yeah, dads from Westham and mums a California girl, spent alot of time there as a Kid hence the hidden accent. Got to say it feels nice to hear one of my own" he smiled as he stood closer to me "no wonder people only think London exists" I say and he chuckled.