8. Fight

Jacks p.o.v:

I woke up and it hit me it was fight night, I got that sick feeling in my stomach if I'm honest; but I just know I need to breath, keep it calm and maybe take it easy. 

I didn't go to the gym this morning because I've got to rest up for tonight but I went for a run this morning to shake off the nerves and clear my head, about Lola. I just don't know how to process how I feel about this girl she does something to me.

I met Dan, Adam, Jake and Conor as drove into school "so dad didn't kill you last night" Dan joked "he wasn't far off to be honest, he definitely forced me to make up for that lost time" the lads let out a little laugh "don't piss him off Jack it's not fun for any of us and your face is too pretty to be messed up" Dan patted my back as we started walking in. 

I was finishing off a call to Dex when I saw Lola walking up towards me "hey, how you feeling about tonight?" she asked "honest? I'm quite nervous, there's just a lot riding on tonight" I replied and she smiled "I think you're gonna be just fine, plus you always have my shoulder to cry on, where is it tonight?" I smiled at her outreach of support

She just doesn't see how good she is, how perfect

 "the boxing club on Dylan road at 10pm" I said putting my phone away "where's Dylan road?" she giggled a little bit 

That laugh, it does something...

"go round the back to park" I passed her phone back after typing out directions "thanks" she said going to walk away but I placed a hand on her shoulder "we have science together" she smiled

That smile, it does something...

We were sitting at the lunch table and I was in a daze looking a certain someone, shock. "Jack come on just ask her out" Dan whispered, guess I'm not that good at hiding it "I am working on it Daniel" I replied and he just grinned "never have I see you like this with a girl, normally it takes you ten minutes at a maximum to have your way" I looked over at her "I don't know she's just,  different...special" I said and he smiled "you got it bad bro" tell me something I don't know Dan.

I was on my way to leave and head to the gym but I grabbed Lola first on my way out "come early tonight, around 9:15" she looked over at her friends "well I am going with..." I cut her off "with them too, I might need a pre-fight shoulder to cry on" we both smiled and she nodded "ok see you later Jack" I said my goodbyes before driving off to see coach. 

I did some physical training to sort my mindset but we kept in minimal, we spent most of the preparation revising strategies and tactics. I felt like a little kid waiting at the window for my dad when it came to waiting for Lola, it was 35 past and I felt kinda disappointed she wasn't here yet, seriously Jack pull it together.

Lola's p.o.v

"How comes he asked us to go early then?" Sam said "more of a told us then asked us" I replied before seeing all the girls look at each other and I rolled my eyes "you mean he wants you by his side, Mrs Trueblood" Abbie joked "shut up" we all giggled as we got in the cars. 

I had opted for some black chunky lace up boots and a simple black dress, pairing it with an orange shirt and black bag, gold jewellery and some smokey make-up. I left my hair straight and the girls were in similar dresses, either white, pink or black and must say we looked very co-ordinated.

We got there just gone 9:30pm and a few of his mates were already there, I am guessing the other mates were his 'out of school' friends, I just got that slight pack mentality, intimidating vibe from them. We were all backstage and all the boys were hyping Jack up while the girls were basically drooling, then again can't say I blame them, he did look really good in just some black shorts and trainers.