7. I trust you

Lola's p.o.v:

Waking up today was different, I felt the happiest I had in months. Normally the morning is the hardest, just persuading myself to get up can take what feels like hours but not today, it was 7am and I basically hoped out of bed.

I decided on taking shower but whilst I felt the warm water wash my body I had that feeling, that stomach doing somersaults and heart beating quick feeling.

I love anxiety. 

It hit me that I was letting myself get comfortable around him, I was starting to let my barriers down for Jack.

and I tried to fool myself that I didn't like it.

Truthfully? I feel like I barely put my barriers up for him.

I decided to wave my blonde hair and do some basic 'clean girl' makeup, except I still have some acne so my 'clean girl' look isn't quite tiktoks version. A glowly base, subtle natural eye and mascara will do, and blush.

Always blush.

As I got out the car I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to be greeted by Jack leaning against my car "get off my car" he didn't have a chance to say hello, he swiftly moved "you ok?" he asked sensing my tone "what do you want?" I replied "said I was going to say hi didn't I" I questioned him with my eyes "ok, I asked you what time you got here, same thing" he said and I lifted my bag "exactly, I have to get going" I locked my car "where are you going?" he asked "your mates are here and so are mine" I said and he looked at his friends "alright see you in form" he winked at me "whatever" I mumbled as we both walked away. 

I felt like I had to act a little cold towards him because I didn't wanna start falling for him, which I feel could maybe just maybe be happening.

I saw Abbie, Jess, Sam and Billie (Sam and Billie are twins) and walked over. They just kept asking if I was ok after the other night "sorry Lola I know it's probably annoying but we were really scared, weren't you?" Sam asked "its ok and I was at the time of course but I'm fine really" just as I finished the bell went and me, Abbie and Jess went together. Jack smiled at me "alright Lola?" he asked "here" I mumbled as I put his lighter on the desk. Jess nudged my shoulder, don't get me wrong she's nice but I might punch her if she says anything else about Jack.

"Nothing going on?" Jess said in a sarcastic tone, I just stared at her and she put her hands up in mock surrender "didn't you two hang out yesterday?" Abbie asked "yeah but can't I hang out with him just as a friend?" I asked checking my phone "but you aren't his friend, he likes you" Jess said "and you like him" Abbie added "I don't, not like that" I lied "anyway, are you lot going to the fight?" I asked "yeah everyone does" Jess replied "is he any good?" I asked "fucking amazing, he always looks so good" Abbie said "hold on, you're fascinated with me and Jack but you've like him for how long?" I raised my brows at Abbie and she punched my arm "no violence please" Sir said walking in "sir can you get me out of detention I have to train, please" Jack said and sir looked at him "you better win" Sir rolled his eyes "he will" Dan said and Jack looked at me.

Cocky prick, a handsome one at that though.

'Lola NO' I thought and let out a sigh. 

"Sir can I go to the bathroom please" I just felt like I needed some air, to my relief he nodded and I made my way to the bathroom.

As I tried to slow my breathing my phone flashed;

Message: Jack

Lola are you ok? x

Why, why does he have to care? I sighed as I just replied a simple 'I am ok' 

Class was cut short but an announcement there would be an important assembly, great just what I fancy; being in a room full of people.