5. Almost perfect night

Lola's p.o.v

I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked into his eyes, surely this was just some weird game.

Jack smiled at me then went to kiss me "don't even try it" I pulled back and pushed back on his chest "I know this is just some weird game and I'm not being another hook up" I stood up and he followed "sorry, must have got the wrong message" I was taken back slightly that he was so casual about it, he just seems to fuck boy, even though he doesn't fancy me boys just want one thing right? And lets be real if there was some weird universe he fancied me, I would want the chase, just a little.

 He stood up and stumped out his cig "listen I'm not gonna mess with you, after all have you seen your temper?" he teased as we walked back into school and I slapped his arm "see I was right" he mumbled "well you have a black eye and cut lip so I'm gonna guess you're not so laid back either" I said and he smirked "you don't talk much smirker" I added and he just looked at me, point proven.

"Give me your number" he grabbed my phone as I pulled it out my pocket "um can you not" I tried to reach up to grab it but it was useless against his like 6'2 frame "password?" he demanded and I sighed. "See you later Lola, same time next week?" he smiled but I called his name before he left "wait where's Spanish?" I asked "Mrs Hall?" he asked and I nodded "oh looks like your stuck with me again"I can't shake this guy off  "any lesson we don't have together? or are you just secretly following me?" I murmured and he chuckled as I followed his league. 

I was sat next to a guy called Callum, he was blonde with piercing blue eyes, not too bad on the eye I suppose. "Hey, it's Lola right?" he asked "yeah, Callum?" I responded and he added "hows your first day been?" he asked "well from the three lessons I've been in not that bad thanks" I said and looked at Jack, I notice Callum clench his jaw as Jack smiled at me, hmm some sort of issue between these two means my nosey detective side is going wild. "Watch that boy" Callum mumbled as I looked towards the front.

I can feel Jack's stare from my side eye. He was gripping. 

As Ms left the room I saw Jack walking over and looked up from my desk to him looking into Callum's eyes "move" he said to Callum placing his hand on my chair "why, you don't run everyone all the time you know?" Callum asked "I said move, so fucking move" Jack was clenching his fist and Callum just walked off "was that necessary, you don't own this seat?" I asked as he sat down "feel lucky not many girls get the privilege" I shook my head "I don't believe that babe" I said sarcastically which made him give me a look with an almost disappointed stare.  

"For someone in a relationship you're awfully friendly with the girls" I put my stuff away as the bell rang  "you sound a bit jealous Lola" he raised his eyebrows "shut up Jack" I hissed and he put his hands up in fake surrender "got a boyfriend back in London then?" he asked and I sighed "I feel like you don't have the time, or care, to hear that story out" I noticed him looking at me the whole time, almost to the point I could feel his breath on the side of my neck  "he was a lucky guy to have you"

Why is he being so nice? Maybe my stereotyping of him was off or is he just good at games? I'll go with the later one, we have all seen this movie before. 

Jack went to walk away before he turned around "Lola" we locked eye contact as he spoke softly "there is no game" I felt my cheeks get a little red and he gave me a sympathetic smile before he left. 

Stop thinking of him Lola.

"Hiya" I said reaching for my cigs as I saw the girls "so... you two got pretty close" Billie raised her eyebrows towards Jack "we are just mates" I said and looked at them smirking "whatever" I mumbled.