Chapter 19: Carnival Fun (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

I heard Louis and Harry both let out little 'awes' and I shot them a dirty glare. Louis threw his hands up in defense.

"Hey, hey now. We can't help it! You're sneezing sounds so much like a kitten. It's just so--" he reached over and pinched my cheek.

"--adorable!" Harry cooed, finishing for him. I pouted and swatted Louis' hand away. He frowned at me before smiling like a big idiot and randomly running his hand through my locks of hair. I let out a playful growl and swatted at him again.

"Stop it, Lou." I told him. He only chuckled and ruffled my hair one more time before pulling back. He and Harry both laughed while going on about my cute leprechaun attitude. I rolled my eyes and turned them over to Zayn who, in turn, tore his gaze away from me. I hadn't even known he was watching me.

Without warning, my cheeks lightly heated up and I frowned at this. No, I would not allow myself  to become like this towards Zayn. He was my best mate. Nothing more.

I decided to try and joke around with him to ease the tension. I reached over and patted his arm, making him look at me. When our eyes met, he swallowed and bit his lip. I couldn't help but glance at them and blinked to force my eyes away.

"Yeah?" Zayn said to me, quietly. I smiled warmly at him, making him feel a bit more comfortable.

"You wanna go on a ride? I'd rather do that then stay here with these goons." I directed my head towards Harry and Louis and the both of them shot glares at me.

Louis folded his arms and gave me a serious look. "Who are you calling a goon?" Harry nodded, agreeing with him.

I smirked before giving them both an innocent look. "What? I can't help it.  You're faces just remind me of two goons. It's just so...funny." I reached over to ran a hand through Louis's hair and he shook his head, giving me an eye roll.

"Oh, ha ha. I see how it is. Go ahead and use my own words against me now why don't you, you cheeky leprechaun." He smirked and pinched my cheek again. Harry let out a little laugh when I gave them an appalled expression.