A Simple Start | Story 05

Story 05 - Our New year

Dear diary,

These days I’m in a state of confusion. My emotions are unstable. I don’t know whether to feel happy or sad. I’m finally living the kind of life I was waiting for; I always blamed Shivaay for making me feel pathetic and unfaithful towards Nakuul. Now Shivaay is gone, out of my life. This is what I wanted, right? But even now I’m not satisfied and feeling empty,so empty and hollow.

Once again I’m all alone in the dark and the only thing I’m left with is my pen and u my diary.

Just like last year, my surroundings are dark, cold, soundless. Sometimes I feel as if time is repeating, if time wants me to realize my mistakes and make me regret letting him go for every second of every day.

He is also gone like a wind, disappeared as if never existed in my life. Sometimes I feel as if it was all a dream, our first meeting at the party till last meeting in the park when it was snowing.

Every time I look back at our last meeting the only lines that spin in my mind are ‘you will regret it.’ I still don’t know how he became so good at reading me. I don’t want to accept this but this is the truth that He knows more about me than I know myself………..because right now I do regret my decision. He was so right.

And now I have thought something everyone make new year’s resolution for the new year and so I’m making it today only that whatever it takes I will spend my first second of new year with him n I will get him back. Our new life will start with New year.

*********************

DAY 1

“Shivaay! It’s me, Annika. Where are you? When are you coming back? Please call me whenever you open this voice message.”

*********************

The Next Day

“Hey Shivaay! It’s me again. I sent you some voice messages but….. you didn’t call me back. How are you? Please call me; I’ll be waiting for your call.”

*************************

A Few Days Later

“Have you changed your number? It’s been a week and you still haven’t contacted me. Listen, please, we need to talk, let’s meet. Or at least call me on Christmas.”

Annika carelessly threw the phone on her bed in annoyance. For the past few days, she had been calling Shivaay non – stop, sending him messages as well as countless voice messages, but didn’t receive a single reply from him.

It seemed as if he was trying to tell her that they should stay away from each other as if he didn’t want to contact her anymore or keep in touch with her.

What else should she have expected? After everything that happened between them it was obvious that any guy would have done the same thing, or even worse.

***********************

As soon as the morning light reached her eyes, without wasting a second she jumped off her bed & ran towards the wall calendar.