Winter Chaos | Story Three - Part 2

What Actually Happened in Vegas? -Part Two

(Flashbacks are in italics)

**

“You know, bhaiya, you STILL haven’t told me what happened last Christmas.”

Setting his hair in front of the mirror, Shivaay sighed at his youngest brother’s words, but made no reply. Rudra frowned from where he sat on Shivaay’s bed, playing Episodes on his phone. In his defense, it was a fun game.

“Come on, bhaiya,” Rudra whined. “It’s been one whole year and I still don’t know how exactly Annika didi and you got together!”

A smile escaped Shivaay’s lips as he heard Annika’s name, which didn’t go unnoticed by Rudra. He snickered.

“Such a goner he is,” The younger boy muttered. “But really, bhaiya,” He continued in a louder voice, “Why don’t you tell us? I mean, I know it must have been embarrassing, given what O and Mallika didi told us about the hair and all,” Rudra tried not to laugh here, while Shivaay turned red, “but how bad could it have possibly been? Just tell us!”

Shivaay was about to retaliate, by asking Rudra to kindly shut the hell up, when Om entered.

“What’s up, guys?” He asked casually, flopping down beside Rudra. Shivaay sighed. Another person to add on to his misery.

“I was just asking bhaiya about what really happened in Vegas, last year,” Rudra sulked. “But of course, he will not tell me.”

At the mention of Vegas, Om burst out laughing, while his brothers looked at him in confusion.

“I’m sorry,” He said in between guffaws, “It’s just- Vegas- hair-” He couldn’t continue after that, clutching his stomach tightly and rolling on the bed. Shivaay held his head in embarrassment while Rudra brooded some more.

Photo toh lena tha na,” He mumbled. Everyone seemed to be his enemy in this house, especially his brothers.

“If you both are done being idiots for the day,” Shivaay said, grabbing his jacket from the couch, “I’m off to meet Annika.” Himself grinning like an idiot now, Shivaay left the room to go meet his girlfriend of one year.

“O, I’m bored,” Rudra complained to his other brother. “It’s Christmas time and I’m stuck at home because of my stupid upcoming exams.”

“And how am I supposed to entertain you?” Om asked, disinterested. He kept typing away on his phone, making Rudra frown.