Bed time story (part 2) -Bucky Barnes

You were curled up against the back of your couch with tears staining your face, your nose was blocked and your eyes stung every time you blinked. It was midnight and you've been silently crying for nearly four hours. Your arms were crossed over your chest and your hands were holding onto your shoulders with your legs brought up, resting your knees and side of your head on the back of the couch you stared out of the glass doors into the night sky.

You sniff and slowly crawl towards the kitchen counter to grab your phone, you dial a number and listen to the nonstop ringing as you waited. You finally heard a man's voice on the other end and began pacing around the room.

"Steve! Steve. Oh thank goodness you picked up." Your voice cracked from its shakiness and you held onto the wall trying not to fall when you felt like collapsing.

"Y/N. What's wrong?" You heard the worry in his voice and you took a deep breath when you felt the tears forming.

"It's Bucky. I think he's in danger, please Steve. You need to help him." You feel a tear roll down your cheek as Steve sighs.

"It's ok. Bucky is completely fine, he can handle himself. He's already on the mission and so far everything is going to plan, he'll be alright. There's no need to worry, Y/N." He reassures you and you walk to the farthest part of your house so Jamie wouldn't hear you.

"Steve! He is not ok!" You growl into your phone. "Do you know what he said to me before he hung up?" There was silence on the other end of the line. "He said 'I'll always love you.' Do you even know what he meant by that?" You begin to raise your voice but kept it quiet enough so Jamie wouldn't wake up. "He's not coming back, Steve! I need him, we... need him."

"Y/N. As much as I wish I could help, I can't. I know he'll be fine. He has a team with him, he'll come back, don't worry." He try's calming you down but you begin to fume.

"If you don't help him. I will." You hiss through the phone.

"Whatever you're thinking, don't do it. If you die whose going to look after Jamie?" You wiggle your jaw from side to side and glare out the window.

"Bucky and I. I won't die Steve, and neither will he. I won't let him." You hear Steve say your name before you hang up. You text your best friend knowing that she would still be up binging tv shows.

Emalie, can you come over as fast as you can to look after Jamie for me?

Why are you up at this time? And I guess I could. Where are you going?

I'll tell you that when I come back, I'm in a hurry.

Y/N you're worrying me.

Don't worry about it. I'll talk to you later, just... please.

Ok. You need to tell me what's going on after though.

Of course! Thank you so much, help yourself to anything in the fridge.

I was gonna in the first place.

You turn your phone off and walk into your bedroom, you bend down and pull a large black duffel bag from underneath your bed. You zip it open and pull out your old uniform, you quickly change into it and grab your old weapons tucked tightly away inside the bag. You load your pistols and place them in their holsters next with your knives, looking into the mirror leaning against your wall you stood still. It was tight fitting as you weren't the same size as you were four years ago, you stretched your arms and grabbed your car keys, phone and laptop before leaving towards your car.