Coffee shop - Bucky Barnes

It was a normal cold Monday morning in New York, you were walking down the street with your hands bundled up in your pockets as you made your way to work. The cold breeze hit your nose and you sniffed, you finally made it to the café that you had a love hate relationship with. You loved working there but there'd always be that one batch of people that weren't the nicest. Opening the doors you walk inside and around the back to get ready, you put your belongings away and threw on your apron. You walk back out to the front and flip the sign on the door to show 'open'. You put all the chairs down on the floor from their original positions on top of the tables, you wipe down the tables and walk over to the counter to prep the coffee machine. The little bell rings above the door and you look up with a smile on your face, a young woman came in dressed head to toe in modest clothes. Her eyes were glued to her phone as she walked over to you.

"What would you like miss?" You ask politely and she looks up.

"Black coffee on the go." You type that into your cash register screen and you look up at her.

"Anything else?" She shakes her head and takes out her card.

"That's all please." You nod your head.

"That'll be $3.20 please." She pays and you go to get her coffee ready, the bell rings again and you look back as a smile slithers on your face. "Here you go, have a nice day ma'am." You beam as you hand the cup to the woman, she leaves and you walk to the cash register to take another order. "Same as always?" You look into the blue eyes of a rather tall man, he recently has been coming into your store nearly everyday, his hair was slightly long as it just touched his shoulders. He had a baseball cap on with a thick jacket over top of a red long sleeve, he always wore gloves and you never really thought much of it as you've only known him since the start of November, it was now December and you tried your best to keep your shop warm.

"Do you have any suggestions? I want to try something different." You giggle, you wanted to know who this mystery man was.

"Maybe..." You turn around and look up at the menu you drew on the large blackboard painted onto the wall behind you. "Seeing as it's almost Christmas maybe a hot cocoa would be nice?" You turn back to him. "I'll add in a special candy cane and some whipped cream for free." You smile and his eyes go wide.

"No no. I can't let you do that, please I'll pay for it." He pulls out a ten dollar bill and you take it.

"No, you're only paying for the drink, it's my Christmas gift to you." You give him back his change and you could see his cheeks turn a deep pink. "What's your name? I mean, you don't have to tell me that's alright!" You look back at your screen sheepishly and you could here him chuckle.

"Bucky, my names Bucky." You look up at him to see a wide grin on his face.

"I'm Y/N." You greet and he scoffs.

"I know." He points to your name tag and your eyes widen in embarrassment.

"Right." You drop your head sheepishly, he laughs and you turn around to make his drink, you heard his footsteps and look back to see him walking towards the table in the corner closest to the window. He always seemed to sit there whenever it wasn't taken, finishing his drink you hung a candy cane inside of it as it hooked over the edge of the cup, you added whipped cream to the top and walked over to him. "Here you go, enjoy." You smile at him and he thanks you. You walk back to the counter and look out the glass if anyone was coming your way, a few people passed as the snow began falling.

"What are you doing for Christmas this year?" You shoot your head in his direction and raise your brows.

"Oh, uh. Probably nothing, I might just hang out here." You drop your gaze as you tap the marble under your fingers and trace patterns into it gently with the tip of your nail.

"Do you not celebrate Christmas?" He asks and you shake your head.

"It's kinda hard to celebrate it when you have no one to do it with." You shrug your shoulders and look up at him.

"Do you not have family? Or friends that you can celebrate with?" You shake your head.

"My family lives in another country, I don't really think they'd want to see me anyways," You look back outside to see white, "I never really was able to make friends so I gave up with them." He frowns.

"I'm sorry." He says quietly.

"No, it's ok" You smile at him and he takes another sip of his drink, you giggle when the cream creates a moustache. "You've got a bit of..." You laugh and point to your upper lip, he covers his mouth and takes a napkin to wipe his mess, you drop your head and laugh. You guessed that nobody was coming in anytime soon so you walked over to his table and sat on the chair opposite him. "What are you doing for Christmas?" You ask and he puts his cup down in front of him.

"I don't know, I might go to a party, maybe celebrate with a few close friends." He shrugs and you raise your brow as a smirk slithers across your face.

"You're a party guy huh?" He laughs and shakes his head.

"No, I'm kinda forced to go." He takes a sip of his drink and you nod your head.

"Ok, Ok." You giggle in disbelief.

"Do you not believe me?" His eyes widen as his lips curl into a smile.

"I don't know, do I?" You laugh and shrug, he laughs with you.

"Do you own this café?" He asks and you nod your head with a small hum leaving your lips. "Have you always wanted to own a café?"

"No, when I was little I wanted to go into the police force."

"What changed your mind?" He asks and you look into his crystal eyes.

"Nothing did, I've always wanted to somehow help people but I guess it just wasn't fo me. College was just too much money." You rest your chin in your hand and trace lines into the table. It may seem strange seeing as you own a café but your family helped you buy it, they still help you pay off the rent, but that's the only thing they'd ever do for you. Bucky's phone dings and he pulls it out.

"I'm sorry to cut this short, I have to go. It was lovely talking to you, doll." He smiles at you and you smile before he walks out the door.

"Doll? Who says doll?"