Dance - James Barnes

You were invited by your friend Peggy Carter to go out dancing with her, Steve and James—aka Bucky. She knew you had a crush on Bucky ever since you met Steve, the more you hung around the two of them your feelings would grow for him. Steve found out two weeks back when he overheard your conversation with Peggy, he's been trying to hook you up with him ever since by leaving the two of you alone together when the three or four of you hung out. You kept thinking he would never share the same feelings towards you, everyone knew he was a ladies man. You'd watch him go on dates with multiple women, the way he acted towards them were completely different to the way he acted towards you. He treated you the same way he did Steve, just a friend.

"I'm not really in the mood to go out dancing." You sigh and look to Peggy, she parts her lips with a huff escaping her mouth and her eyes rolling to the side. You currently sat at your small dining table in your tiny apartment, it wasn't much but you called it home.

"Y/N. James is going to be there." She smiles and nudges you with her elbow.

"And that's why I don't want to go. He doesn't think of me the same way I do him, he's probably inviting a bunch of girls to come too." You raise your hands in the air before dropping them down onto your legs, you sit back in your chair and take a deep breath.

"Steve and I told him to come alone, it was just going to be the four of us." She smiles at you and you think. It wouldn't hurt to go, they were still your friends.

"Fine. I'll go." You hop up from your seat and walk towards your closet. "Oh too bad. I have nothing to wear." You shut the two doors and turn around to see Peggy standing behind you with her hands on her hips.

"Very funny." She says blankly before opening your closet and rummaging through the dresses you had hanging in the corner. "Here, I haven't seen you wear this one before."  She pulls out a black dress with two silver long ferns on the hips and two on one shoulder over the collarbone.

"  She pulls out a black dress with two silver long ferns on the hips and two on one shoulder over the collarbone

"That one? Really? I completely forgot I had that." You take it from her and rub the fabric in between your fingers.

"You should wear it, I'm sure Bucky would like to see you in it." She winks and you roll your eyes.

"If he's not eyeing other girls, then... maybe." You place the dress over your bed and turn back to her. "You picking me up? Because if I have to take myself there then don't expect me to come." She laughs at you and nods her head.

"Yes, I'll come get you." She gives you a warm smile joined with a hug before walking towards your door. "I'll be outside at six on the dot."

"Ok, see you then." You smile a toothy smile at her and she nods her head before shutting the door behind her.

"You look nice." You smile at Peggy once stepping into the passenger seat of her car, her hair was curled away from her face. A maroon dress was pulled in tightly to her waist and of course her signature look, the red lipstick.