Chapter 2

When Zayn walked into school the next day, he sensed the mood had changed this morning. As he walked through the hallway, everyone was talking in a hushed whisper.

He arrived at his locker and took his biology textbook out. He had no idea why everyone was acting this way and in all honesty, he didn't really care. That was until he shut his locker and saw Niall standing there with his hood up and his hair flat on his forehead. He was a total mess.

"Did someone take your food or something?" Zayn asked. Niall didn't look impressed with his comment. Instead he handed him a flyer that he was holding and walked away. Zayn opened it up and began to read.

MISSING: PERRIE EDWARDS

Last seen: leaving school at 6:45pm on Monday 4th September

Zayn stared at the picture. The girl had blonde hair and electrifying blue eyes. She was beautiful, really. He also realised that he had seen many 'missing' posters, just like this one, up around the school and around the town.

He scrunched the paper back up and threw it in the bin then walked away to his first lesson.

=====

"Tell me what she was like."Zayn said, once they started to eat their lunch.

"Who?" Niall replied, clearly not in the mood to speak to anyone.  He just wanted to go home and curl up in his bed with some ice cream.

"That Perrie girl. She was really pretty."

"Is. She IS really pretty." Niall corrected and put his head down on the table. "She's my only friend. My closest friend. The nicest person I've ever met and everyone at this school loves her." Zayn nodded along, understanding why it had such a big effect on everyone.

"She's a cheerleader and she took part in every single play. She helps set up events at school like dances. You know, she forced me to go to every single one of them. 'If you're not going, I'm not.' she would say to me." He ended with a small chuckle.

"Well...does anyone know what happened to her? Did she run away or..." He didn't want to end that sentence knowing Niall wouldn't want to hear it.

"They found her phone in the alleyway.." Niall took a big gulp of water as he felt a lump begin to form in his throat. He had been crying all night when he found out and he didn't want to cry anymore because that wasn't going to help Perrie.

"Are the police involved?" Niall looked at Zayn as if he had just asked the most stupidest question ever.

"Of course, they are! She's been missing for a day now, I think. She didn't come in yesterday which I thought was weird because she NEVER misses a day of school. Her mum called me last night asking if she was with me. I went over to their house because I was worried. She ended up calling the police even though her dad tried telling us not to. I've always disliked her father." Niall said.

"Well...I wouldn't mind being Sherlock Holmes and figuring this mystery out! I even have a costume and don't ask me why I ha-"

"Its not a joking matter,Zayn." Niall cut him off and got up to leave. Zayn sat there wondering what he said that was so insensitive. He was only trying to make him laugh.

=====

Zayn soon realised that he probably shouldn't have shown Louis and his minions attitude. He was about to leave the school when Louis kicked a ball aiming straight at his head. The ball hit the back of Zayn's head making him go tumbling face down.

"What the fuck?" He said as he picked himself up and looked at whoever threw the ball.
"You're pathetic!" He grabbed the ball and threw it right back at them. But of course him being an artist and not an athlete, his aim was completely off.

Instead of it hitting Louis, it hit Harry right in the area where the sun doesn't shine. All the boys flinched and Zayn couldn't help but feel bad as he saw Harry grab himself and lean over, letting out every curse word he could think of. He didn't know what to do so he just stood there looking at the poor boy that was leaning over, in pain.

Liam and Louis burst out laughing, not being able to contain it anymore. Harry lifted his head up, making eye contact with the raven-haired boy and just for that short moment he forgot about the pain he was feeling in his lower region. That was until Zayn looked away and walked out of school. Sure, he didn't apologise but Harry knew Zayn meant that for Louis. He just had really bad aim. Maybe it was a good thing he wasn't on the football team, he thought to himself as he straightened up and ran his hand through his curls, trying to compose himself even though he was pretty sure Zayn had destroyed his chances of making a baby.

*****

A/N: If I'm not updating regularly, blame school please. Make sure to comment and like the chapters, it would mean the world to meeee x