Extra #1

This little extra takes place before Amelia started dating Matt, and while her and Alex were still pretty close. This is the summer before junior year (they're both like 16 maybe?)

I was in the back yard of my house, watering some of the plants to help out the gardener. She was getting older and I was bored anyways. I tied my hair up and out my way so that hopefully I'd get a little bit of a tan, I was wearing a new bikini and wanted to finally have some summer color.

While watering the flowers near the fence I thought I heard the gate open but when I looked it was just creaking in the summer breeze.

I continued my easy work. Until, I felt arms wrap around my waist and lift me off the ground. I screamed so loud I'm certain my brothers are going to come running.

"Let go of me! You asshole! You scared me!" It was Alex, my neighbor. He continued spinning me around and I was hysterically laughing, the kind of laugh where your belly hurts.
"Please! Alexander please!" He finally set me down and I spun around and smacked him in the chest.
"You scared me!" I pouted at him.
"I'm sorry tiny, I couldn't help it you looked to absorbed in your watering!" I look at him shocked
"I am not tiny! I was as tall as you less than a year ago! Remember? I grew first!" I was basically 5 foot 8 since freshman year, and Alex was about the same height as me then. Since then he has started to gain on me. I'm back to being the short one.
"I don't know kitten, you seem to be shrinking. Maybe I'm just getting taller?" He winks at me so I know he's kidding. His arms are still around my waist and my hands are on his chest, and neither of us looks away from the other.
Alex leans down and for a second I think he's going to kiss me! But of course not. My unrequited crush has just got to fizzle out. I need to find a boyfriend to get my mind off my childhood friend.
Alex leans down and talks in my ear, feeling his breath makes my cheeks blush.
"Your brothers would kill me if they came out and saw this," he knows! Oh dear god. He doesn't like me like that though. And I know it. He knows that I like him. And that my brothers are overprotective.
"Uh yeah let go of me then," I try to sound disinterested but I know my eyes would betray me. My subconscious is screaming for me to just kiss him!

"Okay cutie," He lets go and walks back across the grass into his backyard and I stand holding the hose watching him walk away.

I hear my phone ding and I run over to go check out what I got sent.
It's a text message from the cutest guy in my grade: Matthew Harrison. He said:
"Hey Amelia would you want to go out with me sometime? I'd love to get to know you better"

I guess my opportunity to get my mind off Alex has presented itself in a timely fashion.

Besides, what harm could there be in one date?