Chap 23

I wake up to light tinkling noises and several sets of breathing. I feel Alex's arm around my waist and I turn to look at him and the hand he was playing with.
"This is new," comments Alex on the ring I was wearing on my ring finger. I nod my head and he smiles at me.
"I like it, it looks like like your other one," I nod my head again.
"Yeah I like it a lot too," he grins at me and continues twirling the rings on my pinkie and ring finger. I just lay there and rest my eyes, almost asleep again when I feel Alex's arm rewrap itself around my waist. I continue just lying there, slowly dozing back off when I hear my oldest brother, Adrian, make a psst sound. I just ignore it and I feel Alex turn to look at him.
"You can't just do that! Get off of her!" Alex shushes him right back and whispers
"You'll wake her up, besides I'm just holding her." I can practically feel Adrian's angry eyes burning into my skull. My cheeks start to warm up but I stay still.
"She's gone through enough Alex she doesn't fucking need your shit on top of that," Alex's grip on me loosens a tad but then he tightens his grip again. I stay completely still not wanting to interrupt their little fight.
"I haven't even done anything yet Adrian, I get it you love her, but.." He just trails off and Adrian's angry eyes burn a little less.
"I know it's just hard, I hate seeing her so broken like she was. And I know you were seething to kick his ass anyways," my heart hurts at the thought of Matt. The past few days I've been keeping busy to forget him. I refuse to be upset over a boy who doesn't know how to keep a girl.
I loved him. I still do. He was practically my first everything. My first boyfriend, my first kiss, my first time. He held my whole heart in his palms and then he went and abused me. I gave him everything and he still couldn't love me. What is wrong with me?
What if Matt is right and no one can ever love me for me. His shouts from the party come back in my mind, how Alex is just using me for my body. He seemed so sure of it. But Alex would never right? I huff and get up after being stuck in my thoughts for quite a while. I need a good a hot shower and then I'm going to sun bathe and read my book.
I collect myself and practically crawl my way up the stairs. Still kind of sleepy and upset doesn't exactly help the whole sight situation.
I open my en suite door and immediately touch the screen to my right to blast music. I turn on the heated floors and the exhaust fan. I leave my towels on the floor to heat up. I then open the hug glass doors into my shower and touch massage.
Water shoots at my back and my legs from the walls, and a steady water flows hits my head from above like a normal shower. I stand still and let the hot water massage my aching legs and body. Sore from running, and from the night Matt and I broke up.  I let the water drown out all my pain and after the massage jets turn off I grab my bottle of shampoo, and thoroughly massage my scalp while cleaning my hair. I run my brush through while the soap is still in making my hair feel foamy but sleek. I then rinse it out while brushing to keep it from getting overly tangled. I massage in my conditioner and brush through my hair tying it up in a bun to let the conditioner soak in while I scrub my body. After I scrub my body clean I turn on the waterfall mode to rinse out my conditioner. The water comes down in sheets, brushing through the tangles in my hair.
I turn off the water and step into the bathroom to grab my toasty towels. My hair up in a turbie twist, and a towel wrapped around my body is my only accessories at the moment.  I step out the bathroom and slip into my best tanning bikini. It gives me the most flattering bikini lines, leaving just lines instead of straps. I grab a beach towel and head downstairs in a t shirt dress over my bikini. I grab a bowl of fruit salad I made a couple days prior and head outside. I lounge in a chair and eat my fruit and sip my water while enjoying the heat of summer. Rosie comes out with a granola bar in hand and her car keys.
"Babe i gotta go. The parental unit called me and is forcing me to go to brunch with some guy who is investing in their company they think I'd like " I laugh at the thought of Rosie's being set up.  She rarely thinks guys are worthy of dating.
She turns and leaves and Chase, my middle brother, comes out with two iced coffees and hands me one. I take a sip and see that it's tea, and I smile at how well he knows me.
They truly take care of me like mom and dad never did. I'm scared to hear my parents reaction of Matt and I's breakup. They both loved him and his family. They were betting on what year we'd get married.
Well, I refuse to be a disappointment for breaking out of an abusive relationship.

Yuck another filler I'm so tired idk what I even just wrote but I slaved away for you people. Your welcome. Also ummm it's very unedited so I apologize. At least some of my previous chapters I re read but I'm hauling this one out for y'all soooo.
Alsoooo sorry it's been so long, ngl I thought no one was reading this book so I kinda stopped writing it😬😬
Vote and comment!!! 😍😍