Chap 21

"I don't want anything, I'm content with what I have," I look Royal Pain up and down. The crowd around us waiting to see what their king is going to give the peasant. He crosses his arms and walks around me in a circle, tossing out little comments  and suggesting what I might ask for.
"Listen to me princess, if you don't pick something then I get to choose," the crowd starts rumbling with laughter aimed at me. Most people would ask for a car or money or something simple like that. Thing is, I have money and a car that I'm quite happy with. I just want him to stop pestering me.
He leans into me and whispers in my ear,
"I get it, you are too embarrassed to ask for what I know you really want princess, but I can give that to you anyways." I huff and whisper shout back at him,
"You sure as hell do not know what I want!" He smirks again at me,
"So you're saying you don't want my tongue to devour-" I shove him away before he can finish his statement.
"I want a surprise," I announce loudly and the crowd all disperses, disappointed I didn't ask for a Lambo or something. When everyone except Rosie and Zach are no longer paying attention, Royal Pain hands me a small little box. I go to open it when his hand shuts mine back down.
"Ah, ah, ah, you have to wait until your pretty little ass is back at home, but nice try," he winks and turns around and leaves.
I shove it in my cardigan pocket, and decide that I should probably ask Zach for his phone number or something after spending the whole night with him.
"Hey we gotta go," Rosie nods towards the door, I nod my head and I am about to ask Zach for his number when he starts talking.
"Would you want to exchange numbers? Cause like- I mean you don't have to- but I'd like to stay in touch-or whatever I don't really know," he has his on hand on the back of his neck and he's smiling a little nervously.
"Yeah here let's switch,"
I give him my cell and he gives me his. I fill out my information and hand it back to him.
Kind of disappointed that we didn't have as much fun as we thought we would, Rosie and I grumble our way back to my car.
We pull out and I drive us to my house and we both change into spankies and sports bras because it's hot as heck. We decide to just chat and hang out for the rest of the night.
"So what's in the box?!" Rosie squeals out as she sits in the couch, me following her.
"I guess we'll see." I first look over the box, to see if there are any words on it giving away what could be inside. I then open up the small box, only to find a little velvet pouch inside. God damn the suspense is killing me.
I open up the pouch and dump the contents into the palm of my hand. Rosie and I both simultaneously gasp at the dainty ring that fell out. The thin gold band holds a tiny little stone, but we aren't surprised that it's a ring. The most surprising part is that it matches my ring that I wear everyday perfectly.
When I was in middle school I found a little box in my locker with a ring inside. It was expensive, so I assume it was from one of my brothers. They give me cute gifts all the time because they feel bad about how mom and dad are to me. Especially because I got the ring right after I heard them say they wish I wasn't born. 
I don't think they meant it that way, but they do wish I was born as successful as my brothers. Even though I've done everything they've done just as well. I just don't play softball and field hockey like they had hoped, and I don't want to be a lawyer or a business woman.
But I am still a varsity athlete, I was a captain of the cross country, indoor and outdoor track teams, I want to train to be a Physicians Assistant. I'm definitely not a disappointment to anyone else. Whatever, my brothers are proud of me and that's all that matters. They practically took care of me anyways, mom and dad always went away after I turned five or six.
Rosie grabs my hand and holds the ring up to my pinkie finger to see how well they match.
"Oh my god! He is so into you! I wonder if he knew they'd match?!" Rosie and I both start giggling like little girls, both of us a little tipsy from the cheap wine we've been drinking. Every time we have girls night we make it a habit to eat fancy pastries while drinking cheap wine and watching dumb movies. We also gossip and just have some best friend time.
"I don't think he knew, I mean I'd only seen him maybe half an hour before. That's not exactly enough time to get a ring made." My words make her freeze.
"What!? You met him before the fight and didn't tell me?! Why were you with Zach if that boy was all over you like white on rice?" I shrugged my shoulders,
"He was only around for a little bit," she punched me in the arm.
"Girl you need to tap that," I fake a barf noise, and scrunch up my nose.
"Hell no, he's so egotistical," she shakes her head at me and chugs back some more of the wine on the table. I giggle and tip my glass back too.
The music I had playing in the background turns up louder and we both start dancing like this is our jam when it's actually just some random song called Cake.

Okay so this one is kinda a filler, I'm hoping to keep interest piqued with some dirtier chapters to come. Also I'm really into the Chainsmokers right now and I also really like that song Guys my Age. Like next chapter is definitely inspired by my music choices god damn I'm so lame.

Vote and comment Chicas!