Prologue

1/28/2021- This is a quick question! Has anyone seen my book from tiktok? I've been getting quite a few new readers and such and I'm curious how people are finding it. Is it reading lists or something? Let me know in the comments I'm super interested!!

I'm instantly woken up from my nap in the hammock when I hear the high pitched scream of the little girl next door, Isabel King. I flip out of the hammock and don't even bother putting on shoes, before breaking into a run across my back yard. I pull open the gate when I hear her scream out 'Mommy'.

It was honestly heartbreaking hearing the screams from next door. I run into their back yard and see Isabel bawling and screaming for her brother.

"ALEX! PLEASE COME QUICK!" I see her holding her mothers hand while staring at her unconscious form. Alex rushes out through the sliding glass doors with the phone in his hand.
"Hello? Please I need an ambulance! I need it here as quickly as possible my mom is unconscious." Alex quickly goes over to his mother while I grab Isabel and just hold her, shielding her eyes from the sight.
"Shh Bel, she's fine your mom is going to be fine. Alex is going to take her to the doctors and I'm going to watch you, we can play dress up all night and watch your favorite movies. Okay?" She continues crying but nods her head a little. I hear the sirens of the ambulance, and Alex comes over to me.
"You don't mind watching her right? I can't bring her to the hospital and I can't leave my mom alone right now." He runs his hands through his dark hair and looks at me with big watery blue eyes.
"Of course I can Alex, you have my cell right?" He nods his head "If there is anything else you need feel free to call or text me." I smile reassuringly.

Alex goes out to greet the paramedics. I take Isabel inside the house and inform my brothers and my boyfriend that I will not be available tonight. I don't bother telling my parents because they aren't even home. My three brothers all text back saying that if I need any help or company to just call over. Matthew, my boyfriend of two years, texts me back asking why I can't go out. He's been trying to get me to go to a party with him for weeks now, and I had finally agreed. Except now obviously I can't go. I tell him I have to watch the neighbor because there was an emergency. I'm immediately bombarded with texts, asking why I'm cancelling for someone else problem. I feel like such a terrible girlfriend, I'm never good enough for him. He's a gorgeous quarterback who has girls chasing him constantly, who deserve him more than me.

I apologize a couple times, and say that I'll make it up to him. He just texts me back saying he wants to talk to me later after he's thought about it a bit. I shut my phone off and brace myself for another argument.
I grab Isabel and carry her inside. Time to distract a sweet little girl from a terrible day.

A/N: Please feel free to give me constructive criticism, I'd greatly appreciate it. Just an FYI the chapters are going to be anywhere from 500-900 words probably. That length is just so that I can update more frequently. When I finish the book I'll probably combine chapters to get them closer to 2,000 words per chapter.

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!