Chap 27

"Sooooo?" Rosie sits with a wide grin across her face.
"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Her eyes are sparkling like a child on Christmas.
"He looooves you," she wiggles her eyebrows at me in a way that could only mean 'I told you so" and grins even wider.
"He's just trying to play games with me Ro," I half roll my eyes at her "Literally!" I blurt out as she just huffs in annoyance.
"Yo Romeo get your ass over here!" She shouts to him and he scowls a little before making his way over.
"What do you think? Is royalty just playing her or is he genuinely interested?" Romeo laughs to himself.
"The King has been known to mingle, but never has he been as forward as he is," he shrugs to himself and looks me in the eyes.
"If you don't want him around you could always come out on a date with me?" He smiles sheepishly to me. I open my mouth and reach into my purse to give him my cell when Rosie beats me to it.
"She just went through a rough breakup,"
"It's okay I'll give you space babe," says Romeo and walks off to the other end of the bar. Emotional girls are obviously not what he's looking for, well I'm not looking for someone who can't be there for me either. Even though he wasn't a perfect match, I smack Rosie with my wristlet. She mutters an ow and rubs the spot on her arm before I yell at her.
"What the hell was that for?! You told me to be open to meeting people! He was really cute too!" She shakes her head.
"You don't get it! He's easy, and obviously not ready to chase you. He's a boy. Royal is a man. You tried dating a boy and look where it landed you? On your ass. Nuh uh I'm taking the lead on this one." I turn away from her on my stool. I need to process my thoughts. I look down at the small jewelry box in my hand, and I assume it's anther ring to match my set. I carefully open the box not wanting the ring to fly out in the crowded bar, but I am surprised when instead of a ring is a piece of dark chocolate. Not just any dark chocolate.
A Delafee dark chocolate truffle.
For as long as I can remember every time I cried because of my parents rude comments, I have been sent a single truffle wrapped in cellophane.
When I was twelve I cried for three hours straight because my mother told me I was too fat to be her daughter, and then my father yelled that I was upset, that it was only meant to be constructive criticism and I need to learn to take opinions with a grain of salt. That none of my brothers cried about stupid stuff like that. Sean tried to comfort me but I knew my parents were right. I found a small box on my pillow and I opened it to see the most beautiful dark chocolate truffle I'd ever seen. Painted with gold leaf, I didn't even want to eat it, along with the fact that I was already fat I didn't want to add onto what I believed was a problem.
The note with it said,
"Please don't cry" the note was not signed but I knew it was from one of my brothers because no one else had access to our house.
I continue staring at the luxurious dark chocolate, and immediately felt the dopamine being sent to my brain. I couldn't help it, I'd never had one when I wasn't in the worst mood possible.
I decided to leave the chocolate in the tiny box and put it in my clutch and eat it later.
Rosie's eyes are wide open on complete shock. She knew about the chocolates I received because in eighth grade, my parents left me home for four weeks without sending anyone to care for me. Sean was away at summer camp and the other boys were sent to prep school for the summer. I eventually ran out of food and I didn't know what to do. I was scared and lonely, and I just sat and cried on my couch for what felt like days. Rosie showed up, worried because she couldn't reach my cellphone, my bill wasn't payed. She saw me and immediately came and comforted me on the couch while crying along with me. She was horrified that my parents would do something like that to me.
I ended up living with her and her family for three weeks. Right when I was finishing packing I opened up my jewelry drawer to grab my ring and inside was a little box, this time with two chocolates. I gave one to Rosie and told her how special it was. They looked almost magical and we both giggled and ate the rich dark chocolate. A flavor that is acquired  usually with age.
"How did he-" she begins to ask,
"I have no idea," I was fairly certain my brothers gave me the chocolate, so this guy must know at least one of them.
"Maybe that's why the guys were here the other night?" I nod my head in agreement.
"I wanna go home Rosie, I need to think about this. I'll just get an uber, you stay with Zach." She looks at me the slightest bit cautious.
"Are you sure? I don't mind going with you?" I nod my head and walk towards the front of the building.
I stand outside with my arms wrapped around myself, not ready to call an uber yet. I just needed some fresh air.

This chapter was going to be wayyyy too long so I cut it off there. I promise I'll update ASAP! Only if you guys vote and comment thought 😉😉