Chap 4

I woke up to the sound of feet pounding on pavement. Why am I on the floor?
Alex comes running up the front porch and sees me on the floor.
"Oh my god Amelia what happened? Why is the door open?!" I turn my gaze from the floor up to him and when he sees my tear streaked face and the bruise forming near my eye and across my cheek he gasps.
"Dad call the police! Damnit Isabel was right!" He helps me up and walks me to the kitchen. When I finally process what he just said I yell out to Mr. King.
"No! Please don't call the police! It was just my boyfriend I'm fine I made him really mad it's all my fault!" I can't go and get Matt in trouble too. I fold my arms on the counter and continue crying, Alex begins to make me hot tea.
"Alex, I trust that you will take care of Amelia? I need to get some sleep so I can go check on your mother bright and early," alex nods his head.
We sit in silence until we no longer hear his footsteps.
"What happened Alex?" How did he know?
"I got a call from Isabel at 10:15 saying that there was a scary man in the house who kept using swear words, and that she was scared he was going to hurt you. I told her to hide upstairs and to not come down at all, I couldn't risk her getting in the way. I hopped in my car immediately and drove here," he runs his hands through his hair. "I should've been here to kick his ass," he slams his hands down on the counter not startling me in the least.
I can't help but imagine how traumatized Isabel is. This day has been such a mess for her.
"I'm fine, I swear he doesn't usually hit me."
"You could do so much better," that comment makes me upset.
"But that's the thing, I can't, no one else would ever love me. I'm not super smart nor am I pretty enough to not have a brain. Matt has always been there for me."
He shakes his head in disagreement,
"I was there for you. Until you shut me out," he whispered. It was so quiet in his house and the emotion in that sentence alone made it sound like he was shouting.
"Anyone would treat you better than that dirtbag," I just sip my tea (🐸☕️) and avoid all eye contact.
After a couple minutes of comfortable silence Alex talks again.
"You look tired. You can sleep in my room if you'd like, none of the guest rooms are prepared. I'll just take the floor," I don't even mumble a reply. I set my head back on the counter and fall asleep. It's not until I feel Alex carrying me up the stairs that I'm woken up.
"I'm so sorry I wasn't there," he mumbles to me. I just pretend I'm still asleep and wonder if this is actually happening right now. I'm set down on his soft bed and instead of him sleeping on the floor he gets in too. I was too tired to argue so I just fall asleep. Wrapped in a thick white blanket that warms up my cold little toes.

A/N: I seriously effing love Alex, like you guys don't even understand. He's gonna be the perfect mix of good and bad. He is good to her and people he cares about but such a badass and 😍 I might just melt. I'm so hyped to get Matt out of the picture. Everything about him bothers me.

Don't forget to Vote and Comment please!!!

PS I think I'm gonna just do small authors notes at the end of the chapters instead of a full update that's just an authors note. I'm also gonna come up with a schedule for updates.