Chap 5

I wake up the perfect temperature. My right arm and left leg are both sticking out from the blankets, balancing my temperature. It's not until I feel Alex's heavy arm around around my waist that I relive what happened last night.
The alarm clock on his nightstand says 8:15. I need to be home soon. My brothers will worry.
I roll out of bed and tuck Alex back in. I grab a post it from his desk and leave him a thank you note for comforting me. One rule successful people follow is always writing a thank you note. Or at least I think. I wouldn't know I'm not exactly successful.

I pick up my phone to see one missed call from Matt, which I promptly delete. And enough messages to make the phone company get rid of my unlimited plan. I see fourteen missed phone calls just from the last twenty minutes.
I call Adrian first. He is the most protective of my brothers being that he's only a year older than me, and has always taken care of me throughout school and such. Adrian picks up on the second ring.
"Oh thank god you called, we were all so worried! We saw Matt storm out last night, and we saw King flip his lid when he pulled in the driveway." I groan and decide it's better to just tell them in person.
"I'll tell you all about what happened when I get home okay? I'm going to make breakfast for everyone just because they have another busy day in front of them." I pad into the kitchen to see that Mr King already left. I make some waffles, a third with rainbow sprinkles and the rest with blueberries and lemon zest. Right when I finish the lemon blueberry waffles Alex comes walking groggily into the kitchen Isabel skipping around behind him. He's shirtless and wearing sweatpants, if it weren't for the glass of water I was sipping I would've drooled.
He had tight abs, obviously whatever he does in his free time was physically grueling. His arms were pleasantly muscular. Not to big not to wimpy. I push the plates in front of the seats and get everyone a glass of orange juice.
While they both eat I write the directions for the lasagna on a sticky note and put it on top of the foil.
"Here, I made this for last night. But umm the plan changed," I looked down a little to hide the embarrassment on my face.
"The directions are on there, and there is extra waffles in the fridge. Thank you for letting me stay her last night," I put the orange juice away. Alex chuckles and Isabel lets out a little giggle, I turn and look at them and they both give me wide grins.
"Trust me, you are no trouble especially when you cook, I can't even describe how fantastic those waffles were. And whatever you put on top was delicious,"
I mumble to him
"Ricotta with powder sugar and lemon zest,"
"What the heck is ricotta?" I laugh at that. Of course, only Alex would ask that.
Isabel, who has had my intense cooking more often squeals out whil jumping in her seat,
"It's a cheese! It's a cheese! And it's in canoes!" I laugh harder and say out loud
"You mean cannoli's," she nods her head and grins at Alex,
"I'm much smarterer than you,"
He just nods his head and goes along with it.
I let the two talk for a bit while I clean everything up. Then I hug them both goodbye and begin the trek next door.
The yards and houses here are huge, making the walk a good couple of minutes.
I open the door to hear my brothers all chatting and eating. When I walk into the kitchen I see the mess and roll my eyes. Thank god the maid service comes today.
"Sorry I'm home so late," I smile sheepishly and they all get up to hug me. I'm engulfed in three sets of arms the size of tree trunks, and slightly suffocated.
"Its fine we are just all glad you are back" says Chase my oldest brother.
I sit down and talk with them about just the usual, hockey, football and the college track and field events that happened at nationals last night.
Breakfast was peaceful until one of them addressed the elephant in the room.
"Why do you look like you got hit by a truck?"

A/N: Just you guys wait until you hear about her brothers reaction. Hopefully I can come up with a feasible plan to get rid of Matt. Like I can't just kill him off even though I want to.

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!