Chapter 29

As Troopers were unloading boxes and guns Alex stood in the distance watching over them. As he did Shepard and Joseph were carrying Aloe over to him, Nova close but not too close to not trip them. "So is she gonna live?" Alex asked uncrossing his arms. Aloe groaned and nodded. "Yeah I am, just, dont talk so loud. I got a pounding headache." Alex chuckled a bit as Shepard leaned over to Aloe. "Looks like we are not the only ones hard to kill." Aloe shook her head and giggled a bit in response as Nova began directing them back to her room.
As Joseph, Shepard, and Alex were rummeging through a crate Shepard threw a grenade at Joseph, he caught it before it hit him in the head. "And fuck you too." Shepard shrugged and smiled. "So, since Aloe is sorta outta commission, what are we gonna do about the ark?" He asked as he grabbed another grenade. "I guess we wait, try to get more equipped. We cant go without her. I hate to say it but we are really under powered without her." Joseph replied as he held up a shotgun. "I say we start without her, at least set up camp. We cant always rely on her." Shepard said as he sat up a bit. "I gotta side with Joseph here, those things sent us running and Aloe was there. How can we stand a chance without her?" Alex said as he began facining a new scope on his DMR. "Thats why we gotta try! We wont know what we are capable of without her until we try." Shepard stood up hooking the grenade to his belt. "We are Spartans too. We can do everything she can." Shepard walked up to them putting his hands on their shoulders. "We can at least get started and set up a camp. And when shes ready all she has to do is see what we found. Takes stress off her." Joseph and Alex looked at each other before they nodded. "Alright, lets do it." Joseph answered with a smile on his face.

XXX

    "No, no I'm not going." Nova said lighting a cigarette as she shook her head slightly. "Common, you know Aloe can take care of herself, she's hard headed but not a moron. Im sure she will keep herself in bed while we're away." Alex pleaded as Joseph nodded. "Plus I'm sure she could use a break from us. If she has a headache I'm sure if we leave it'll heal up faster." Nova stared a bit into the ground before she took a puff of the cigarette while simultaneously sighing. "And you want your crush to get better right?" Shepard crossed his arms looking out the window. Nova took the cigarette out of her mouth and stood up. "Fine let's go. But let's make it fast, I want to tend to her more." The guys brightened up as Nova walked out to suit up. "Well that's easier than trying to get Aloe to do something." Joseph said as Alex nodded. "That's because Nova has a bigger soft spot than she does." "True." Shepard added as he motioned them to follow him out.
    The four Spartans began loading up the Pelican with sandbags, binoculars, boxes full of supplies, and etc. Joseph climbed into the pilot seat and began warming up the ship. "Remember, just setting up shop. A stealth mission, no killing anything or alerting them. We have no idea what is down there so we gotta be on our toes." Alex and Nova nodded and Shepard brought the last box on board. "Unless they find you, you kill them as fast as possible and get the fuck outta there." He added before going to his seat. The Pelican lifted up and took off heading towards the ark, Aloe watched it leave from her window as a small smile crept on her face. "Idiots, but jeez, I love you guys." She blinked and shook her head. "Love...what a strong word...."