Chapter 18

The Pelican landed in the barren snow land. The team slowly made their way off heading towards the crashed ship before them. "Now is a better time then ever to get this thing running again." Aloe said placing her hands on her hips. "Right now lets get the power on so we have somewhere to live yeah?" Joseph said walking past her. Aloe nodded and started walking behind him. "Shepard, Alex, go to the city. Gather whatever you can carry from there and bring it back got it? And nothing is useless, take it all if you can." Shepard chuckled and patted Alex on the back. "Alright, come, I'm gonna teach you how the pros do it." Alex shook his head before going off with Shepard.
   As Shepard and Alex were going through the city they noticed a small woman walking quite briskly through the town. Shepard looked over to Alex before they both nodded following her. As they did they reached what they could only guess was a medical bay, as the small woman went to the door she busted it open with her foot. "Sup bitches, I'm your medic now!" The few Marines at the door way backed up before going to push her out. "Uh, sorry ma'am, I think we already found one." They closed the door on her before she sighed and put her back up against the wall. She reached into her pocket to grab a cigarette lighting it. Shepard was the first to walk up to her taking off his helmet. "Hey, youre a medic?" The woman looked up at him before blowing the smoke into his face. "Yeah, what of it?" Shepard waved his hand to clear the smoke before chuckling. "Lucky for you, we're in need of one. How about you tag along with us?"  The woman rose her eyebrows a little before standing up. "Sure, why not? I'm Ash, but people call me Nova." Shepard held out his hand and smiled. "I'm Shepard and the pipsqueak behind me is Alex." Alex crossed his arms slowly walking up noticing the woman was slightly taller than him. "How are you taller, I'm a Spartan!" The woman giggled before taking another puff of her cigiratte. "I'm a Spartan too. I'm a Spartan-4." Alex groaned before Shepard started laughing. "Oh wow. Look at that Alex, garbage." Alex shoved him as Nova began laughing more. "You two are alright. Well lead me to your ship, I'd like to see who's in charge here." Shepard nodded and put his helmet back on. "Follow me."

XXX

   As Aloe and Joseph were sitting in chairs the power was slowly booting on. "See, the reserves just needed a little warming up. Now the place is livable." Joseph crossed his arms looking rather satisfied with his work. "Good job, you did something finally." Joseph shot his gaze down to Aloe. "Hey man, that's not cool." Aloe chuckled before getting up heading towards the door to check for Shepard and Alex. As she did the door swung open as she was greeted with a kick to the gut. "Sup bitches! O-oh shit, sorry." Nova rubbed her neck as Aloe held her stomach. "Really? Really!?" Shepard went over laughing before he took Aloe back to her seat. "Look, I found us a new medic." Nova took another puff of her cigiratte walking over. "Names Ash but you can call me Nova." She blew the smoke into Aloes face. As Nova did that, the other three Spartans froze as Aloe leaned over. "I am Spartan-103, the commanding officer of this fire team." She grabbed Nova by her shirt. "And rule one about being in my fire team, is showing respect to me." Nova took the cigiratte and tossed it to the floor. "Huh, youre cool. And pretty tall too." Nova moved and tried breaking from Aloes grip. Aloe stood up and dropped her. "And just when I got used to Joseph and Alex another one shows up." She walked off as Nova dusted herself off. "What's her deal?" She asked sitting where Aloe was. "Shes a Spartan-2 so, I'm sure you know what that means." Joseph said leaning back into his chair again. "Oh, okay that makes sense then." Nova reached into her pocket again lighting another cigiratte. "Well, I'm your medic now I guess. So try not to get yourselves killed." Joseph laughed a bit putting his hands behind his head to rest. "No promises kiddo."