Chapter 1

Its been years since Reach fell, since the loss.....of my team. Yet I am still fighting this unGodly war. Aloe thought to herself as she walked down the corridor. She had entered the deck to where she had been called for a so called "briefing". "Ah, Spartan 103, glad you could join us." Laskey spoke with almost joy in his voice. "I think we have finally found you a new fire team. I understand you rather work alone, but this could help you in the long run." He slid over a folder to Aloe. She picked it up and sighed. "With all do respect sir. I appreciate the concern for me, but I already told you, I do not need another fire team." Aloe spoke sliding the folder back. Laskey shook his head and put his hand on the folder looking her in the eye. "Give these guys a chance. I believe they could be exactly what you need." Aloe sighed softly and nodded holding the folder up.
So, the first one on the list is this pilot huh? Looks like he's helping around New Mombassa. Aloe scoffed and flew her Pelican down towards Earth. As she approached a landing pad a Scorpion was driving along the way. As she stepped out, the Scorpion had dropped off a few Marines, what followed was a white and blue spartan. An old Mark IV helmet? Aloe tilted her head. She removed her Dynast helmet and walked up to them. "Excuse me sir, are you Spartan-322?" The Spartan turned to face her and nodded taking off his helmet. "Yep, thats me. Just call me Joseph though, can't stand being called by those fucking numbers." He rolled his eyes and held his hand out. "And you are?" "Spartan-103, but I guess you can call me Aloe." She took his hand and shook it. "I am here on orders, to pick you up for a fire team. Seems you are busy however." Aloe looked around at the camp as Joseph shrugged. "Honestly, I could give less of a fuck about being here. I haven't gotten to shoot shit in days and I could use a bit more action than what these dumbasses have to offer." Aloe rose a brow and nodded slowly. And what a lovely vocabulary this guy has. "Well, I'll gladly give you the missions you need." Joseph smiled and put his helmet back on. "I like you, Maybe you and I will be good pals." He chuckled as he started heading towards the Pelican. "Oh, and you're flying. I wanna see what you got pilot." She ran after climbing onto the ship. "I've picked a special route just for you." Joseph laughed and nodded. The Pelican slowly flew up before it shot into the sky. As it flew through the space the Pelican began setting a route.
As asteroids flew past the spacecraft Aloe was gripping the seat hard. "I would appreciate if my ship could go home in one fucking piece please!!" "Gah, shut up shit lips, I know exactly what I'm doing" Joseph moved twirling the Pelican about to dodge the oncoming obstacles heading their way. With almost ease Joseph had flew them out steadying the ship. "See! Told you I could fucking do it!" He laughed as Aloe stepped back taking in a breath. "If I could hurt you right now...I would." "Yeah, I get told that a lot." Joseph snickered as he slowly closed onto the Infinity.