Chapter 20

"You know, nya." Nova was walking besides Aloe looking up at her. "Shut up." Aloe groans holding her head in her hand. As they continued down the hallway Aloe noticed the shooting range door open, when they passed Aloe nudged Nova in. "Hey Alex, Novas your problem now thanks." Aloe said rather quickly before closing the door running off. Nova rubbed her neck and shrugged. "Aw, Ill teach her more later then." Alex continued shooting cans before she turned around walking up to him. "So you're the sniper huh?" Alex simply nodded and continued shooting. "You dont talk much huh?" Nova kneeled down beside him. "As a sniper silence is my greatest weapon." He said rather bluntly. "You're a Spartan-4, what's with the lack of emotion? Is it, because of what Joseph and Shepard were talking about?" Alex pulled the trigger missing the can and he rested his sniper down. "What is it to you?" He looked at her and Nova shrugged. "I know its not my place to say but, you shouldn't let it mess with you so much." Nova took out a cigiratte looking down the range. "You're right, it isnt your place to say. So dont." Alex picked up his sniper reloading it. Nova lit her cigiratte before walking over and grabbing a railgun. "Mind if I?" Alex stayed silent as Nova walked over. She shot the last can off the stand before he could. "Yeah some sniper you are." Nova giggles before Alex sighed standing up. "You used a railgun!" Nova laughs shoving him. "Common lighten up kid. Just trying to have some fun." Alex kneels back down and pushes a button causing targets to spring up. "You want fun. The person who knocks over the most targets is the better shot." Nova smirked and kneeled down. "Youre on."
Aloe and Shepard were sitting in the main room. Shepard questioning her about things she liked, more imparticular what kind of people she liked. As he did Alex came walking in with Nova, both of them talking in a cheerful tone. "Well looks like someone is in a better mood today." Aloe said pushing Shepard away. "Oh, well yeah, I beat Nova like I told her I would." Nova rolled her eyes. "You didn't tell me shit." Aloe smiled a bit before Nova walked over sitting next to Aloe leaning over. "So, where was I?" Aloe groaned as Shepard leaned on the table. "Actually, I think with both of you here I can figure out what you two like." Aloe groaned more as Alex chuckled turning to walk off. "Good luck Aloe. Its your turn again." Aloe sat up more. "Its always my turn with these two I swear!" Nova and Shepard laughed as Alex walked away. "Like I said, good luck!"