Chapter 4

As the Pelican landed in the bay, Aloe jumped off and walked over to Laskey who was already waiting for her. "Seems you finally got all of them." Aloe nodded and took off her helmet. "Was, somewhat easy. You just didn't tell me they were gonna be complete idiots." She sighed and watched her Pelican land. "Well Spartan, the reason why I put you with them is the UNSC wants them all dead. I am the only person that's keeping them with their rank and place. I figured if I teamed them with you the UNSC would change their minds. Turns out however your team has to do missions in order to do that." As Laskey explained Aloe gripped her helmet before letting out a long huff. "So they are part of my team so they aren't sent off?" She spoke with annoyance in her voice. "I know, I know, but this was all I could do. And you need a team again, I think this is the best way for you to stop living on Reach and continue forward. Training these Spartans in your leadership could be what this war needs." Laskey spoke before watching as the other three Spartans walked up standing to the sides of Aloe. "Anyhow, its time to make you four an official fire team. One more person will be joining you but she will stay here on base as a medic or anything else that may come in handy." He stepped to a side as a girl wearing a lab coat and glasses came into the light. "This is Dr. Larson, she will be assisting you on your missions." The Spartans looked down at the woman that stood before them. "Well I'm glad she wont be on the field, looks like she wouldn't even last a day." Joseph spoke before Aloe had elbowed him hard in the chest. "Your first mission will take place in an abandoned base. There is very important intel that we must recover and the place is crawling with Promethean's. We need you down there immediately." The Spartans nodded as the other three backed off Aloe saluted. "We will return with what you need. And Dr. Larson. I hope you'll keep us safe out there." Aloe smiled a little before putting her helmet back on. Aloe climbed on board the Pelican as it slowly took off again.
The rain came down hard, a broken down base smoking off in the distance as the Pelican zoomed towards it. "Alright Spartans, the intel you are looking for sits in the main computer of that base. It isn't too far in but it is guarded by knights while the outside is crawling with soldiers and crawlers." Larson spoke over the comms as Aloe was loading her Scattershot. "So we can go in silent or loud?" Shepard asked as he loaded his grenade launcher. "Exactly, its best if you try keeping the going loud part as last option however." Shepard nodded and Alex loaded his sniper. "Well this should be easy enough." Joseph spoke as he landed the Pelican a decent distance from the base. The four Spartans came out of the Pelican and began heading up the hill to get an oversight of the base.
At the top Alex had already set up his camp as the other three were checking their weapons. "She wasn't lying about the place littered with promethean's. There isn't a single open space to slide through. Unless you can duck right under them." He spoke as he slowly scanned the area. "I can kill off certain ones without being detected but try not to get caught." Aloe stood up and nodded sliding down the hill. "Just stay safe. Common you two. On me!" Shepard and Joseph moved and slid down after. As the three Spartans slowly moved against the wall Shepard eyed a soldier standing a lone. "Remember guys, stealth mission." He spoke as he unsheathed his knife creeping up on it. Before he got close Aloe had walked right past him and shot the solider in the head with the Scattershot. "Stealth mission" She giggled looking around. "Ma'am, what part of stealth mission don't you get!?" Shepard stood up and pushed her a little. "Oh calm down, there weren't any others to be alerted by this. Common let's keep going." Shepard sighed and followed as Joseph was trying not to laugh too loud following right behind them.
Soon the Spartans reached the computer room, six knights walking around it. "Okay, we can either go out guns blazing to shut these things down or we can wait until they separate and we can steal the intel." Aloe looked back at the other two. "We can go in guns blazing, I'm down for that." Joseph said holding up his carbine. "No, No. We steal this thing. You two can distract." Shepard said holding his SMG. "Not a bad idea. Alright, Joseph help me bring the knights out here while Shepard slips in. We can be as loud as we want so we can clear a path for him." Aloe stated before holding her Scatter. "Let's fucking go." Joseph runs out and shoots a knight in the head before running off, the knights chasing him as Aloe followed, smacking one knight into a wall. Shepard moved and ran in going through the computer downloading the data.
Outside Jospeh and Aloe were killing off promethean's, being out in the open Alex was picking off a few soldiers clearing a path back out of the base. Soon Shepard came running out going past them. "Hurry up! We gotta go now!" Aloe and Joseph ran after him jumping over a wall. All the Spartans ran onto the Pelican as Prometheans chased after, Aloe shooting her needler it super-combining soldiers that were coming close as the Pelican took off and the hatch closed. "Well wasn't that the fucking best!" Joseph laughed and Shepard nodded. "Stealth is my middle name mister. I just need the time." Shepard sat down and crossed his arms rather confidently. Alex sat down and nodded. "I think that was the most helpful I've been in so long!" Aloe laughed softly and put her needler back on her leg. "It was a great team effort. You guys may be idiots. But you are rather reliable." She sat down and sighed in relief.