part 2

Rose walked through the small village, sweet brown eyes widening as she saw the giant crowd. She gently pushed her brown hair back and leapt up onto a tre branch and began going toward the front of the crowd. This was older times, where girls were respectable, not speaking unless told, not found with a man alone, but Rose was nothing like that, she was an adventurer, she hated dresses, and anything the other girls loved. No, she longed for adventure, which would explain the sword she carried, and the quick skills she thought herself.

She eventually found the villege leader, Acaru, in front of the large crowd. Rose knelt up in the branch listening quietly. "My people, listen closely, as trouble is stirring. We have had people say the saw a large beast, or heard a mighty rawr from it. We must find it, raise our arms in battle, defend our land, and protect the woman and children, we are forming parties to find and destroy the beast. We know nothing of what it is or why it is here, but it cannot be good my friends. Come now let the fighters follow me and begin our planning." The stronger men began to follow Acaru. Rose leapt down from the tree landing softly and began to follow them, until she was grabbed by her shoulder.

"young lady, where do you think you are going? This is a fight for the men, not for a blooming flower like yourself." The woman said sweeylt

Rose brushed her off, "I am not a blooming flower, I want to fight, raise my arms in battle, defend our land, and prootect the people too."

The woman laughed and gently pushed her back to her house, a small litte hut.

Rose moved the buffalo skin curtain, which was the summer door, and entered with a huff. ~If they won't let me go with them, I'll do it myself.~ she said grabbing a skin for water and food, some supplies. she sleithed her sword on her hip and began writning a note for her father and mother.

" Dearest Mother, and Father,

I'm sorry to leave you like this, but do not fear for me, do not worry. I'll be back before you know it, I am journeing to find the beast the treatens our land. I love you both so much, Rose"

She then ran out the doors and into the forest of Ali'caru, she turned to take one last look at the huts and the streets of her home, then ran off. She walked along listening and looking carefully. As night began to fall she climbed into a tree and put her supplies on a branch above her, she wrapped herself in some animal skins and slept lightly.

She awoke at the sound of a snapping branch. She looked around, it was still dark out, so dark she could barey see. She grabbed everything and leaapt down, and looked around as best she could.

~*O*~ ~*O*~ ~*O*~ ~*O*~ ~*O*~

The young man awoke in his castle daylight shining in. He bathed in his tub and walked out, finding a old picture frame someone once made of his parents and him as an infant. "Acia, Lakinon, and new baby Sika. " was carved under the picture

Sika frowned then left the room, stopping at his reflection in the mirior. his eyes were starting to get a golden ring around them. He ran out the castle chambers and leapt, blue flames surrounding him. Once the flames where gone he spread his black wings and landed on the castle wall above the gate. He had changed ino what always happened after a night of a cresnt moon, he was now a black dragon with his blue eyes still. He was the sized of a Clysdale horse when he was on all four legs.

Sika let out a roar of anger for the curse and flew down to the outside of his gates, at least in this form he could leave. He then began walking around his land.

~*O*~ ~*O*~ ~*O*~ ~*O*~ ~*O*~

Rose jumped when she heard the roar, she raised her blade and began walking, moving slowly and carefully. The black fog around her getting thicker and thicker. She gasped when she saw them, two bright beautiful eyes like a snakes, or eagles, but blue. THen she saw the rest of the shape, a shinig black dragon, head held high on a long sleneder neck. Rose raised her blade, scared but ready. The dragon's upper lip curled back revealing his white sharp teeth, a loud low snarl came out.

"Stay back creature, I am her to protect my village from you." she shouted

The dragon's face relaxed, Rose's heart was racing, the blackness was closing in, she had to hold on. Her eyes closed and she began falling to the ground, she'd fainted, right in battle.

~*O*~ ~*O*~ ~*O*~ ~*O*~ ~*O*~

Sika reached out cathing the girl in his hand, he held her there in his clawed hands gently. He spread his wings and flew her to his castle, inside the gates he laid her down on the grass, curling up beside her, watching her.