Chapter 28

The song for this chapter is "Broken" by Seether.

This chapter is dedicated to Life2read4ever, she's just an absolute wonderful person. <3

Enjoy!

****

* Carter Stone *

I splashed the icy water over my face again no longer to clean the extensive wounds I had gained but in hopes that when I opened my eyes back up it would be the start of the day again. I couldn't even bare to look at my own reflection, I know I went too far today, I crossed a line I never thought I'd come close to. "Carter" Lynn's voice called in a panic as I heard a steady banging of footsteps tearing up the stairs traveling at an unhuman speed. Turning off the water I reached for a towel to dry my face but before I could the door was forced open smacking against the wall behind it. "Oh my God" she whispered taking a step closer her deep dilated pools darting around my face accessing the damage. Shaking her head slightly she pushed herself forward until her small arms wound themselves around my waist.

Unsure of how to react I hugged her back, actually enjoying the presence of someone giving me affection again. Pulling her head back she pushed my body until my ankles hit the rim of the toilet, gesturing for me to sit which I did. Lynn began rummaging through the cabinets pulling out bucket after bucket until she found what she was looking for. Lugging the container to the counter she pulled out a bottle of alcohol and began pouring the liquid on to a cotton ball. Slowly she rubbed it over the gash on my forehead causing it to sting and me to jump. "Man up Carter" she giggled continuing to clean my wounds as her slender stomach brushed against my arm.

After sanitizing the cuts she put neosporian on them followed by small bandaids. "Thank you" I whispered back truly appreciative for everything she has done for me since I've been here.

"You don't have to thank me for being a good friend" she assured me leaning down and pecking my cheek. Grabbing my hand she pulled me out of the room and down the stairs. "Save the ass kissing for the elders" she advised dropping my hand before we reached everyone who were angrily staring at me as I approached the living room.

"We had to ban him from ever coming back" the Alpha was the first to speak up not sounding happy with the decision he made. "Then he proceeded to say Jamie isn't allowed back without a body guard because of your erratic behavior."

Scoffing loudly I caught even more negative attention my way. "Erratic behavior? Excuse me for being a little touchy considering she came here to help me through my heart break yet isn't actually helping me at all. Besides at least you know see Nate for who he truly is."

"A man pushed to the edge?" Trent retorted actually defending the psychotic Alpha.

"Pushed to the edge? How is he pushed?" I yelled "he has everything he's wanted, me gone and a loyal Luna. Meanwhile I'm being penalized for being mate less and pack less. That's bullshit Trent and you know it. Just yesterday he threatened you but now I'm the bad guy for becoming the sacrificial lamb."

"No one asked you to put yourself in that position, you said something to set him off Carter, that's how you pushed him" George spoke smoothly folding his hands together and placing them in his lap.

"Your daughter is mating with a lunatic and you're going to question what I said to him?" I spat rudely. "Did you not hear him admit he was a highbred beast? He kicked down your front door for fucks sake! Imagine what he's going to do when Jamie steps out of line." I rambled on anger fueling my words causing the group watching me to pause and take in what I had said. I don't know if Nate would ever attack Jamie again, he loved her and wanted to protect her but he lived his life with his emotions. Each decision he makes is due to what he is feeling in the moment without concern for the consequences,