Chapter 91: Ho Ho Ho, ya big Hoe.

Start from the beginning

"Do you think that's a good idea?" Caroline winced.

"What?" Elena smirked. "Dinner at the Lockwoods or me drinking this?"

"B-both?"

"It's perfect, Care. Relax! You worry way too much. Just have a drink and relax, 'kay?" Elena smiled as she held out the bottle across the kitchen island.  

"Elena, you're scaring me, being like this." Caroline put the bottle behind her. 

"Like what?" Elena laughed as she grabbed the sherry bottle back. "Oh come on, Loosen up, live!" But Elena's cheerful mood was over when her phone rang again. She snarled, grabbing it and shoving it inside a drawer. She slammed her palms down on the counter and exhaled angrily.

"What time are we going to Tyler's?" Caroline's tone was timid. "Assuming all of us are invited?"

"We're due there at 1 o clock," Elena murmured. "And all of us are invited. Bonnie is already on her way. Or she was supposed to be."

"What about Damon?"

"I don't know where he is," Elena spoke dismissively as she drank some more. "Not my problem."

"Stefan?"

"You know what he's like. Probably brooding."

"Look, I know what she did was bad but she-" Caroline was blinking rapidly when Elena's eyes changed. 

"Nuh uh uh. Let me stop you right there, Care," Elena held her hand up right in front of Caroline's face. "It's Christmas Day. Please don't ruin it by mentioning her,"

"She's your baby sister," Caroline murmured sadly.

"Right," Elena grabbed her car keys, "I seriously need to go and pick up the desserts. I'll see you at Tyler's house later, make sure you wear a cute dress. Red. Bonnie's wearing white and I'll have green. We'll coordinate, the three of us. Just like the old times."

"But-"

"Bye, Care. Make sure you lock up. Tell Jer I expect him there. And I'll see you later."

Caroline watched as Elena walked out. She sighed heavily, practically tearing her hair out. Having had enough, she called Stefan. "Hey, where are you? I need your help. It's Elena. She is totally freaking me out. Literally!" 

Meanwhile, Talia exhaled before she sat up from Klaus' bed, her phone falling onto the wooden floor. Sighing heavily, she stooped low and picked it up. Her eyes watered, but she quickly put the phone on the bedside table. Her face felt stiff with dried tears she had shed all night. She stretched and instantly her mind wandered to last night. 

*flashback*

Talia was at the graveyard, near her father's grave. She could not believe that Elena had disowned barely 30 minutes ago. Talia thought she would be feeling broken, but she could not stop thinking about her father. She twisted her hands nervously as she thought about what he would think of the very idea of Klaus and Talia. 

Are you insane, sweetie? I mean, Klaus? I'd rather you stayed with Tyler! Or if you were with Damon! Anyone but a Mikaelson!

Talia smiled in spite of herself; that's exactly what her father would say. She looked at Ric's grave. "My very first Christmas in America and everything has gone to shit." Talia ripped out grass from the ground and began to tear them up. "Elena's kicked me out. Yup. Am I surprised? Yes and no. We're sisters. Elena and I. Our bond is supposed to be unbreakable. She hates me. All of them hate me. All because I fell in love. Well, in love with Klaus Mikaelson. I bet you would've flipped your shit if you were here." Talia chuckled but soon stopped. "Oh, Dad, you just had to be here tonight." Talia froze and sighed sadly. "I miss you so so much. I wish you were still here. I need you so much. You would've made it all so much better. You wouldn't have judged me..." Talia let the grass be swept away by the breeze. "It's mad, I've never spent the Christmas holidays with my parents... well, you, Isobel or Jenna. Just Nanna and Pappi. Then the Robinsons." Talia almost smiled. "Christmas with the Robinsons? Put it this way, I would rather have spent Christmas with the Dursleys from Harry Potter, than be with the Robinsons." Shivering, Talia looked around. When she saw that the graveyard was deserted, she waved her hand and a small jar filled with flames appeared. Talia smiled as the flames danced, the silhouettes like giants. "Wish there was a way to bring you back. Jenna too. And... Nanna and Pappi... mum as well..." Resting her head on her knees, silent tears began to roll down her face.