Chapter 52: Mother

Laura's POV-
      "She looks sickly".
       "Nothing a little of my love can't fix".
    I could hear two different voices as my head was pounding, I was definitely being carried by someone. Slowly I started to stir as my eyelids fluttered open. One look at his green eyes even though my memories were hazy I knew who he was. Panic started to settle in.
"Let me go" I croaked still weak trying to get out of his hold.
"Hush you are still weak. You're still drowsy and barely have your strength".
"You drugged me you bastard. Put me down right now"I stated more affirmably.
"If I let you go, you will fall straight to the floor. Do you really want that ?"he asked.
"Yes the floor is better than being in your arms" I spat.
   Adrian stopped walking and looked down at me and chucked.
"You are very stubborn you know that".
"PUT ME DOWN".
"Ugh have it your way then".
    He let me go dropping me on the cold hardwood floor. Where the hell was I? How did he have me? Hitting the floor must have helped me gather some memories and I remembered everything that happened. Natasha drugged me after telling her story. I was being kidnapped for the third time.
"You might wanna get up. We have somewhere to be don't wanna keep your mother waiting do you".
"My mother" I questioned.
My parents were here. Why would they suggest kidnapping me again as an option?
Adrian lowered his hand so it was at my face level and I slapped it away. I didn't need help from him. I slowly got up and tried to stay on my feet. I guess the blood was still rushing to them or they were getting out of their drugged state. I felt myself wobble and I prepared myself to fall face first into the floor. But someone caught me by the elbow.
It wasn't Adrian it was one of his henchmen. He looked at me in disgust. I rolled my eyes as he let me go. But I kept my balance this time.
"Yea I know I'm not much of looker but Jesus I've been through hell and you my friend look like you've been through more shit than I have"I stated looking at him.
His nose was disformed he must have broken it a couple of times. His head was shaved to a buzz cut and he had a scar running from one side of his face to the other. His eyes were a dark color. He chuckled and leaned down close to me.
"You have never experienced hell until you've been in my shoes doll" he said with a thick accent.
I gave him a strange look as he walked away.
"Ignore him" Adrian stated grabbing me the wrist.
"If my mother is there is my father there also?" I asked as we walked to where ever he was leading me.
"No she's your real mother. I don't think she wants anything to do with your father".
My heart started beating out of my chest. My real mother. I had so many questions including how did she find me and how did she know Adrian. I kept on walking to wherever I was being lead to. You would think I'd be freaking out but I was calm. Maybe I had been through this so many times there was nothing to fear. Except possibly the cold hearted Russian next to me but hell my real mother wouldn't hurt me. I came out of her womb I shared the same blood she couldn't possibly have it within her to kill me. Could she?
"What are you thinking about? From the time I met you, you always spoke out loud and had something to say and yet you're calm which is frightening" Adrian said breaking the silence.
"Im thinking of ways to kill you without having to clean up such a big mess" I replied.
Staring at the walls they were adorned by beautiful paintings of nature and animals. The hallway that we were walking down had a beautiful white carpet with silver patterns. Maids were cleaning and kept their heads bowed low. Unlike the boys house their was many people and yet it still held the eerie silence. Thoughts started to come to mind about the boys. My mind drifted to Logan. I could feel my heart start to beat as I remembered the kiss we shared. He was one of my kidnappers and yet I had feelings for him. Did I develop Stockholm Syndrome?
"Did you kill Logan?" I asked.
"Possibly why would you need to know. Did you have feelings for him of some sort".
"...No" I said my voice showing hesitates.
"You had feelings for that psychopath. Jesus you know he didn't have feelings for you. You were just a girl that was easy for him to manipulate to getting what he wanted"he stated stopping and looking straight at me. The grip  he had on my wrist tightened.
"How would you know what he wanted. He didn't manipulate me" I spat.
"He wanted what's between your legs. I mean your pretty easy to get considering his boss did own you".
"Shut up" I said.
He laughed.
"No need to worry about him though he won't be a problem to us my love" he leaned in closer to me and whispered in my ear "He's dead so there's no possibly way of him coming back and taking you from me".
My heart sank. He killed him. Shouldn't I be happy he had killed my kidnapper and yet I felt a heavy strain on my heart. This monster killed him and had taken me for himself. I wanted to cry and yet I couldn't bring myself to do it. Logan hadn't even been my boyfriend and yet I still had feelings for him. Adrian had killed my kidnapped and yet I couldn't help but feel as if I would've been happier in the house with Logan.
      We began to walk again down the long hallway and we finally stoped at a door. If he had taken me for himself could that mean he lied about my real mother. He could have easily found out for himself and was saying this against me to lure me into his own bedroom and try to rape me.
"Are you really bringing me to my mother or was this just an elaborate  plan to try and manipulate me into bringing me to your bedroom?" I said ripping my wrist out of his hand.
"Do you really think that low of me? I am an honest man and would never lie to you моя жена"he said knocking on the door.
"What the fuck did you just call me?" I snapped.
He smirked.
"Soon you will find out till then maybe you should learn to stop letting dirty words come out of your mouth. A girl like you should never let those words slip".
I glared at him as we heard a voice say to come in. He opened the door.
"Ladies first".
I huffed and entered the room. At first I saw a woman staring directly at me smiling. She was sitting behind a big desk. She had long black hair and tan skin. Her eyes were a dark color.
"Adrian leave I need some time alone with my daughter" the woman spoke as I stood there motionless still to stunned to even move. Standing in front of me had to be my real mother. She looked just like the pictures I had seen of her while checking through my file that one time. Her face just looked a bit older and more mature. Adrian wasn't lying about me going to meet my biological mother. I almost felt bad for accusing him. But then again he was a sick bastard and I wasn't going to apologize.
      Adrian nodded but not before leaning down to me and kissing me on the cheek. I felt sick to my stomach as he pressed his lips against my skin. He quickly exited the room and I wiped my cheek. I wanted to punch him so badly. My real mother chuckled.
"I have a lot of explaining to do so please sit" she said smiling.

A/n- Hi readers. Yea sorry I haven't updated in quite some time. So yikes. I've been having serious writers block and I'm trying to fix that. To be honest this was my first time in a long time I could correctly  write a chapter. I'm also really trying to finish this book. It's incredible to see how far in ranks this book has gotten to  in certain categories thanks to all my loyal readers. So thank youuu 🥰🥰🥰🥰!!!!!!! Also I will be doing my best to get this book finished and write as much as possible for it.
Make sure you vote and comment!!!!!! Also Happy Easter
- Alexa ❤️