Chapter One

Pic is of Laura
      "Stop throwing a fuss sweetheart. Remember you're the next in line for the family business" my mom said.
   I rolled my eyes. Why couldn't I have a brother or sibling so I could live  my life traveling Europe.
"Come on it won't be that bad you'll actually see a business trade first hand".
"How exciting".
"See I told you she would love it. Lizzie didn't I say it" my father exclaimed.
"Honey my daughter gets my sense of sarcasm" she laughed.
Causing  me to crack a smile. I had a love hate relationship with my parents. My mom had said I had gotten her sense of humor and smarts and had gotten my looks from my father.
They gave each other a kiss which made me make a gag noise. I couldn't believe how in love they were. My mom told me they met in high school and she had gotten pregnant with me as a teen but my father stayed loyal and supported her through it all. Even my grandparents were showing their support.
We had made it to my dad's car and were starting to drive to his company.
"So Laura you excited to come to my work with me".
I raised my eyebrow. He had to be joking how old does he think I am.
"Dad I'm not a little girl anymore".
"You'll always be my little girl".
"Dad Stop".
"What".
"Just no" I smiled towards him.
He looked at me.
"You really do have your mother's sense of humor".
"Thanks" I gave him two thumbs up.
My dad had parked the car in his special little parking spot. Exiting the car my father was practically skipping as we made it the building. I'm guessing he was really excited that I was coming to his work with him. The security guards nodded at my father who put his special key card in and I followed behind. We made it to his office and he went straight  to work ignoring that I was even there.
       I was spinning on the wheelie chair. My father had been talking on the phone and typing on the computer waiting for his big meeting. Which turns out I'm not even allowed to go to???
"You done yet".
"No" I answered spinning twice as fast and stopping myself cause I was dizzy.
"Mr Pierce there's someone here for you he says the meeting couldn't wait any longer" Cassandra the personal assistant stated.
I gave her a look of disgust. Funny how much money she got payed to get some cheap fake boobs and get a nose job. Her fake blonde curls bounced as she made her way outside.
My dad looked at me so I could check if his suit was perfect.
"Dad you'll be fine" I encouraged walking out of his office with him.
He kissed me on the cheek and made his way to the meeting room. I turned my head around to go torture Cassandra.
"Hello plastic".
She made sure nobody was watching and flipped me off.
"It's noticeable. You went from having a witch nose to a perfect button nose and being as flat as a blueberry pancake to a d cup"I responded.
"Leave me alone. I'm trying to do my work".
"I need someone to talk to" I whined.
"Not all of us have rich fathers who can afford to pay everything for you".
I stuck my tongue at her.
"Go talk to that guy over there he's been looking at you this whole time" she answered pointing to a guy who was sitting on a chair next to the meeting room.
He was holding  a magazine to his face   and looking at me. I raise my eyebrow and shrugged my shoulders. Beats talking to Fakssandra.
"Why are you looking at me" I questioned to the guy who put down the magazine.
He had dark brown messy hair and dark eyes. He was good looking and was wearing a button down grey t-shirt with combat boots. It was weird attire if he was waiting to talk to my father why was he not wearing  a suit and tie.
I sat down right next to him and started staring at him.
"Like what you see" he asked.
"Nope I'm returning the favor. You looked at me like a creep now I do the same".
"Haha very funny".
"Thanks".
I crossed my legs.
"You didn't answer my question why were you staring" I commented looking away.
"I like looking at pretty people. Staring at ugly people makes my eyes hurt" he said looking directly at me.
I smiled and laughed.
"Nice pickup line but it won't work with me".
"What makes you think I was trying to hit on you maybe I just wanted to compliment you. What if I already have a girlfriend".
I rolled my eyes. He had a fair point. He chuckled.
"Your girlfriend must have no fashion sense combat boots do not go with the outfit" I stated.
"Hmm your kinda insulting me. That hurts. Names Dylan"he stated putting his hand out for me to shake it.
"Laura" I replied shaking it.
We had started having a conversation. He was actually pretty funny and kinda moody.
"So are you single".
"Are you trying to get my number" I questioned.
"You're pushing it. I just asked a simple question".
"Y-"
"Laura get to my office now" my father snarled.
I nodded my head and waved Dylan goodbye. I quickly followed my dad into the office was quickly putting all his stuff into his briefcase and grabbing his jacket.
"Dad I don't think it's time to go".
"Don't ask questions come on" he stated.
He was looking around as if he was terrified about something. His arm was around my shoulders the whole time as we made our way to the car. It took me a while for me to look at him but I noticed it in his eyes. For the first time. I noticed fear.